Why do jw's use the names of the months and days?

by XPeterX 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

Chinese witnesses don't have to worry 'bout that. The month names are literally "1 Month", "2 Month", etc. and it's similiar with the days of the week.

Buddhist holidays, on the other hand...

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Drawing lines is always problematic when deciding religious and moral obligations, or should I refer to them as duties. It was always a question I had in my mind when the Watchtower made up some kind of "bible principle".

For example one clearly stands out. The scripture that says we need to serve God with our whole heart, sole and life. Based on what the bORG says about serving God that would mean all Witnesses would be pioneering or at least spending 20 hours a month out in the field ministry.

Of course the Watchtower Society changes the lines they draw from time to time for example accepting blood, organs, and medicines.

Pagan origin is something they have drawn lines on, wedding rings, marriage customs, names of months, names of days these are OK but they have the same pagan origins as Christmas, Easter, birthdays and other special days the world celebrates.

Who draws the line?

The Watchtower society would like to make their followers think they are drawing the lines however it is the Watchtower themselves who make and change the lines as they see fit.

Where is your line?

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit