Do not circulate recordings or transcripts of talks at the meetings last night.

by life is to short 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Kum Vulcan
    Kum Vulcan

Jeez 10 years. So the bible writings from 1000 years ago have to be at least 100 times more outdated (if you do the math)... But, didn't it all come from Jehovah? WTF gives?

• In
    In

Yes, folks, the GB changes -- constantly, like it's on a stop watch, oops! time to change!

God's communication with man is the Bible, and it has come down through centuries virtually unchanged. Now that's consistency. Forget men who can't make up their piss pot minds -- there has not been Bible Version 2, or an Updated Bible... that's the truth, right there in that book.

I don't know the whole story, and organized religion confuses the hell out of me, but it must be significant to be a person who reads the Bible and thinks about the things in it, meditates on them, and is aware of their spiritual need.

• moshe
    moshe

Sounds like a directive has worked it's way down from a legal department memo. No doubt, some recorded talks have had DO's, CO's and elders reveal damaging information that could be used in a court of law to extract Big $$ from the WT Corporation.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Ah this would explain why no recordings for the elderly and infirm.

Yes Moshe I think your right they don't want to get sued.

• sherah
    sherah

So does this mean that the attendants will be instructed to snatch up any recording device they see during the assemblies?

• Caligula1
    Caligula1

It seems anyone can record, at home, from the "Tie Line"?

Life Is To Short,

What's your angle?

If you have told your story in the past, post a link, or send it by PM, or email.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo
    All WT publications have an Expiration Date. They should go ahead and stamp them, like cartons of milk.

Good idea leavingwt except even the stuff they put out fresh everyday is sour milk.

• ?me?
    ?me?

it is funny on a part like this, the ONLY ONES THAT ANSWER ARE..........elders, pioneers, young MS's, and the occasional elders wife... at our hall, the brother had to look around for a bit to find someone to answer or read a scripture. i know it took all i had not to "answer" with a little jab added in. but that would have been obvious because i rarely answer....

if they were truly interested in getting the "good news " out there, there would be ENCOURAGEMENT to record and distribute talks, videos, books, etc of anything that may pique someone's interest...

surprised they did not mention drama's and talks showing up on youtube. the reasoning they did use was very, very, very weak..... local needs parts could be misconstrued? someone MAY want to honor a brother for a good talk, ( dont they already do that by building up the GB talks as "special" anytime you are "honored" to hear one of their talks?).. or how old or wrong could info be in a talk? it is not like if someone hears the old version of the generation thinking they are going to go crazy and leave the org....

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Just like White Dove said,

I guess they don't want their old teachings to be used to prove flip-flops. Also, what's not recorded can be denied later. They can say anything they want on the platform and no one would have proof of it.

I am SURE this is why...I recall one time my husband was having a conversation with a young elder about 1975, and how they were preaching the end was in 1975..The elder tried to convince my husband that was a lie.."it never happened" were his words! However my father was in elders school at the time this came out, and he called my mother and said, You are never going to believe it honey...the governing body is saying the end is coming in 1975!! He said they were showing them charts etc..proving it all out!! My mother was TERRIFIED because she was then pregnant with my sister. She would have given birth, and have just a tiny baby in the begining of 1975...The scripture of "woe to the pregnant woman or those nursing a child.." played MAJOR headgames with my parents...they will NEVER forget the false cry for the end in 1975!!

Yet years later...they claim it never ever happened....HOWEVER...via the INTERNET we can download talks from assemblies PROVING this was infact taught! Along of course with their old literature that proves it too...but they are trying to eliminate this from happening again...no recordings means no proof!

However..there are too many "apostates" now, that will make sure they get taped and posted!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• poor places
    poor places

life is to short,

I was there for that talk as well. The best comment I heard at my hall was from a sister who said, "We wouldn't want to record talks because the Watchtower is constantly changing. Things that were true in the past have changed." (This is actually a paraphrase, but really close to what she said).

Imagine that. Things that were true before are no longer true. In the context of religion, that is an incredible comment to make and believe.

I've asked myself many times how it is possible to believe things like this. I never really believed this stuff. As a born-in, I tried really hard to believe it, because it seemed like the safest avenue and the least path of resistance, and at times I came close to convincing myself, but never truly did. Doubts always lingered in the back of my mind. So I have a hard time understanding people who clearly buy this stuff all the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit