A split between the WT Corp and the Christian Cong of JW?

by onemore 5 Replies latest jw friends

• onemore
    onemore

Is there the possibility of a split between the WT Corp and the Christian Cong of JW?

It has been discussed in this forum that it is highly unlikely that the WT Corp will disappear or be “brought down”. They will always have followers.

But I wonder, if the legal liabilities and the millions of dollars that the WT Corp is loosing as a result of the theological blunders enforced by the GB (i.e. the ban on blood transfusion, the pedophile ‘protection program’, no higher education, etc); is causing a power struggle between the two entities (WT Corp Vs CCJW).

I heard that the treasurer or WT main accountant commented that contributions have been down by 60%. The Circuit Overseers are dropping too many hints about the possibilities of loosing “our K-Halls”. And the constant emphasis on obedience and loyalty to the GB is already raising some questions.

Corporations will do all that’s necessary in order to survive. Here are some of the things I think the WT Corp knows it needs to do in order to get back to profitability.

• Make the blood transfusion a conscience matter. This alone will make the cult more attractive to some people. More people get recruited = more $$$.
    • Let each congregation handle pedophile accusation in accordance to the Law of the Land, and make each congregation (or circuit, district) legally liable for any mishandling of sexual abuse cases. Less liability = more $$$ the WT can keep.
    • Don’t discourage the members from getting a higher education. More highly educated congregants = more $$$ in contribution.
    • Stop demonizing the internet. They could then distribute material or content through the internet thus reducing the cost of paper and ink. Use their media capabilities to create material that could be distributed through the internet, for example, videos, dramatized audio bibles, e-books, etc.

However, in order for the WT Corp to accomplish this…they’ll know that they have to eliminate the control of the GB.

Could it be the Don Adams and the other chairmen are moving towards that direction?

Your opinions….

(p.s no need to welcome me to the board…I’m an old member with a new screen name)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think that WTS and the baby corporations will all scramble (one day) to survive when the other entities are falling apart. Much of what you say can happen soon or maybe not so soon.

• Make the blood transfusion a conscience matter. This alone will make the cult more attractive to some people. More people get recruited = more $$$.
  • The problem is that ditching the blood ban too soon will cause more lawsuits from families that already lost a child or a member. Phasing out into a conscience matter is possible. They can say that they will no longer concern themselves with the medical decisions of members because the courts would prefer that they don't.

• Let each congregation handle pedophile accusation in accordance to the Law of the Land, and make each congregation (or circuit, district) legally liable for any mishandling of sexual abuse cases. Less liability = more $$$ the WT can keep.
  • I don't think that will work. The congs. were following "Mother's" directions almost all the time. The problem is not in the individual congs. mishandling. Mother is all over it. Read Barbara Anderson on freeminds.org.

• Don’t discourage the members from getting a higher education. More highly educated congregants = more $$$ in contribution.
  • Such a catch-22. The education encourages independent thought. In the long run, they will have to back off.

• Stop demonizing the internet. They could then distribute material or content through the internet thus reducing the cost of paper and ink. Use their media capabilities to create material that could be distributed through the internet, for example, videos, dramatized audio bibles, e-books, etc.
  • They are well on their way to doing this, but they have to keep demonizing "apostate" information because it really is that easy to google or youtube "Jehovah's Witnesses."

• peaches
    peaches

NO,,,,i don't think it will ever happen...

• Terry
    Terry

I read a book called THE AMERICAN RELIGION by a fellow named Bloom.

He cited examples of how the stricter the religion is the more it grows and the more lenient it is the easier it dwindles.

This may be counter-intuitive but seems to hold water.

If you aren't called upon to invest yourself in something you have less to lose.

Those who are JW's who are deeply vested are reluctant and unwilling to let go because they've already sunk a great deal in the investment

that it is the True religion. (Sunk Cost Fallacy.)

Giving up doctrines or relaxing their requirements would only make the Watchtower sink more quickly.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The problem is that ditching the blood ban too soon will cause more lawsuits from families that already lost a child or a member.

I've looked into this with a few lawyer friends and all agree that, baring a real hardlines judge, most lawsuits that involve an adult don't have a leg to stand on because it was the decision of the adult.

The children one is a tad more tricky, but the thing is people didn't HAVE to follow the ban, they ( that parents) did so of their own free will.

Very hard to prove coersion in a case like this, when the life of a chld is on the line, far easier to convince a judge that the parents made the call because they believed and they believed because they believed the bible, not the WT.

I think there would be far more positive reception of a lift on the blood ban, than negative.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't see a split as much as I see the GB continuing to go along with the wishes of the business entities.

I've asked a couple times but apparently nobody really knows the answer: Does the GB have any "legal" authority within the borg anymore or are they there at the sufferance of the business entities? What ties the different corporations together legally? Could the Dubs of one particular branch split off?

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit