Email from UN desk shows library card hoax

by Dogpatch 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Joseph,

I have been reading your posts on this topic and I am impressed by your desire to find out what is accurate, as opposed to what is assumed.

I get the impression you were never a JW, or if you were, you were one for a very short period. I would suggest that you do some research into the implied rules the Society gave its adherents, as it will help you understand the need for ex-JWS to find out these facts. You see, everything remotely associated with nationalism and politics were considered a no-go zone for JWs. Even if it wasn't written in the WT, it was implied via counsel from COs and the elders.

Good luck in your research. You are doing a fine job of it so far.

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

Prisca notes,

Even if it wasn't written in the WT, it was implied via counsel from COs and the elders.
    Your comment is very helpful, Prisca, as it relates to some questions I've been meaning to ask. To what extent are the "forbidden" associations and activities determined by Watcthtower publications, and to what extent are they determined by the circuit overseers and elders? Is there much variation to be found, state to state, country to country, or are the prohibitions universal?

By the way, I've never been a Jehovah's Witness.

Joseph F. Alward
    "Skeptical Views of Christianity and the Bible"

* http://members.aol.com/jalw/joseph_alward.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit