Total Gym

by linp24 10 Replies latest jw friends

• linp24
    linp24

I guess everyone has seen the infomercial about Total Gym on TV. The one with Christie Brinkley and Chuck Norris. Has anyone on the forum bought one of these? If you did, has it turned out to be as good as they claim it is? Coping with diabetes and neurological problems so have balance and mobility difficulties. Not able to use recumbent bike or treadmill.

Thanks!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Total Gym is a good solid product..Its everything they say it is..

Check with you doctor..You seem to have a lot of problems..

It would be a shame for you to spend all that money and not be able to use it..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• Scott77
    Scott77

I think its Correct. Please, be healthwise. Doctor supervision is important.

• peaches
    peaches

blessings on your health....hope the very best for you....

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I have heard good things about it.

If Chuck Norris endorses it, it has to be awesome!

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And Chuck Norris" - FDR

"If at first you dont succeed, you're not Chuck Norris."

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I bought one and it is sitting in my garage collecting dust. I think it would be great for someone who is thin and just wants to tone up but I prefer swimming so I don't even use it.

• poppers
    poppers

I've had a low-end model (1500) for several years - bought it used for $150; it's about $400 new. I love it. I had to replace the cable a few months ago after it snapped, but I found the exact cable (1/4") at a local Farm and Fleet store (most good hardware stores will probably have it as well) - total cost was about $4 for the cable and a couple of metal sleaves for the cable to be threaded around.

You won't get the kind of aerobic workout (slow twitch muscle) that you would with a treadmill or bike, but you'll work the large muscle groups well (fast twitch). It's the slow twitch muscle that burns the most calories, and that's done primarily through endurance conditioning. Total Gym is great for getting a full range of motion in your workout and building strength, stretching for warm ups and cool downs, and keeping the muscles limber.

Can you use an upright exercise bike? I have one of those and I really like it ($129 at Shopko). That combined with the Total Gym makes for a great workout. I've been using that workout to prepare for my 5 day 300 mile bike ride in July. If biking can't be done I'd look into something like swimming for your aerobic work.

• poppers
    poppers

I bought one and it is sitting in my garage collecting dust. I think it would be great for someone who is thin and just wants to tone up but I prefer swimming so I don't even use it.

What model do you have? I think you are right about keeping toned. I'm on the thin side and it's really good for keeping toned. I could build more muscle mass if I wanted, but I don't use it that way. I keep my workouts on the lower inclines in order to keep my muscles long and lean. You will lose weight, but not like you would if you were doing an aerobic workout on a regular basis.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Chuck doesn't exercise on the Total gym, Chuck IS the total gym !!!

• maputo95
    maputo95

My View, don't get it!1 Join a gym with trainers available and friendships possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit