What's on your mind?

by John Doe 22 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Well, since posting on the "are you available" thread, I'm feeling sorry for myself for being invisible. I am completely forgetable.

And these avatars with penises for noses aren't helping any, either.

Did you know that the sign for penis is a letter p tapped on the nose?

I'm bored, how are you?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

When to jump in GS.

Tomorrow? Thursday? Friday?

We'll see.

Judge Dread

• John Doe
    John Doe

Well, though my posting restriction has been lifted, I can't start topics it seems, so I'll have to recycle. :-)

I've not followed anything jw in some time, but I've perused the last few pages, and I see a lot about new light. What has changed in the last few years? Just a synopisis is fine if anyone feels like it.

:-)

• Scully
    Scully

This thread includes a chart. But basically they're saying "we weren't wrong, but now you have to believe this, or else", in other words, nothing's really changed at all.

Adjustments In Understanding--2013/7/15/Watchtower!
  • watson
    watson

Well, if it ain't John Doe himself!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hi scully and watson! Reading that link makes me ill. Phrases like "it is reasonable to conclude" and "adjustments in understanding" are flowery ways of saying we have no idea what the hell we're talking about but are making wild assed guesses. I feel sad for the people still in who are lifers. I really think the only thing that keeps them there is sunk cost.

Notice that they are still claiming divine direction, just that the previous generation was not inspired but were "still in the growing season, and the arrangement for a channel to provide spritual food was still taking shape." How much bullshit is that? It makes me angry. I guess there's a reason I moved on for a time.

My dad died a month ago, and my jw uncle gave the service, a man I greatly respect. He spent a lot of focus on dad, surprising for a jw funeral, and he went through the jw stuff with a measure of trepidation. He said it was what dad "would have wanted." And I agree. But I can't help but think he's actively decieving himself. I like my uncle very much. I guess the whole experience has brought the jw stuff to the surface of my mind again.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

How are YOU Doe?

• Glander
    Glander

Well, your question , to be precise, was asked about 3.5 years ago.

I honestly can't remember.

At the moment, I am still enjoying the experience of sitting in the garden with my wife and watching the evening sky until the bats came out.

We love the fall.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, JD. It was nice that your uncle's version of the Funeral Discourse paid your dad the respect all JWs should have.

Nice to see you around - maybe PM Simon to see if you can start topics again. He's been tinkering with the site a bit and weird stuff has happened. Good times. lol

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've never gotten a reply from simon--don't think he likes me. lol I'm actually shocked I can post again after 3 years of not being able to and not knowing why or getting an answer. *shrugs*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit