Newbie Here

by Bluegill 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Bluegill
    Bluegill

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for 3-4 years.

I was baptized in 1981 and served as a MS and Regular Pioneer for some time. Started fading around 7 years ago when we moved to a different part of the country. I skipped my first Memorial this year and it didn't bother me at all. I didn't want to miss American Idol that night!

Basically I'm just tired of it all. Too much to do with meetings, field service, conventions, talks, studying, etc....enough is enough! Some of my favorite things to do in life I don't want to do as much as the JW's require you to do on a weekly basis. There is nothing I want to do THAT much. It's overkill.

Oh yeah...the generation changes, new light, U.N. fiasco, blood doctrine, and treatment of disfellowshipped ones didn't help to keep me around either.

All of my family has left and about half of my wifes family has left so we're not alone.

Take Care,

Bluegill

• Think About It
    Think About It

Welcome Bluegill. That is a long time to lurk. We have liking American Idol in common. Look forward to your posts.

Think About It

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Hello Bluegill. Did you pick that nick cause you like to fish?

• flipper
    flipper

BLUGILL- Right on my friend ! Good for you ! Welcome to freedom of mind and clear open minded thinking ability ! You are among friends who have experienced similar things. I was in the witnesses 44 years from birth- left over 6 years ago- best move I ever made ( outside of marrying my lovely wife ). Was an MS for 6 years and regular pioneer for 3 years in the early 1980's as well. I look forward to your takes and observations here ! Nice to have you ! Welcome to unconditional caring my friend. Peace to you and your family

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to JWN, Bluegill! The JWs are definitely a performance based organization. They even have an evaluation system although they haven't formalized it yet. It was one of the reasons I gave my parents for not becoming a JW. I just didn't have time. Plus the fact that no where in the Bible does it say you have to fill out a 'Field Serve-Us Report'.

It's good that your family has left too. That makes things so much easier.

• Bluegill
    Bluegill

Yup! I like to fish. Funny thing though...I don't like fishing for Bluegills. More a large mouth Bass type of guy! Some things just don't make a lot of sense!

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hey there Bluegill, it's great to have you with us. That is sooooo cool that most of your family is out with you and your wife. Isn't this board great !! I too lurked for a while before registering.........so glad I finally jumped in the pool

Cult Classic

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Hi Bluegill. Welcome. Great that your family are out along with you, it will make things so much easier and much less painful for all of you.

• chickpea
    chickpea

welcome aboard the good ship JWN!

enjoy living your authentic life!

• Bluegill
    Bluegill

yes it does make it easier when you have some family that have decided to leave or were kicked out!

My wife and I aren't DA'd or DF'd. We just stopped going. One of our best friends stopped going as well so that makes it easier.

My life is my wife, small group of friends, and my great neighbors. I feel terrible for those that are all alone when it comes to family not talking to them. Thats abuse in my opinion and any organization that preaches that has some serious issues. Even when I was in good with the Jw's I had family members ask me if I would stop talking to them if they got df'd. My response was always the same. "I will never,ever stop talking to you."

I hate that about them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit