It's About Time Something Was Done.....

by Sam Whiskey 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

The toughest anti-illegal-immigrant measure in a generation passed the Arizona legislature this week. If signed, as expected, by Republican governor Jan Brewer , the law will give local police sweeping new powers in regard to undocumented workers. Currently, immigration offenses are violations of federal, not state, law, and local police officers only can inquire about a person's immigration status if that person is suspected of another crime. Under SB1070, however, Arizona police will have the right to stop anyone on " reasonable suspicion " that they may be an illegal immigrant and can arrest them if they are not carrying a valid driver's license or identity papers.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100417/us_time/08599198226800;_ylt=ApeYi9_Dz1oQgovcLDp6TToDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTJtcjJoaGNmBGFzc2V0A3RpbWUvMjAxMDA0MTcvMDg1OTkxOTgyMjY4MDAEcG9zAzE1BHNlYwN5bl9hcnRpY2xlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDZnVsbG5ic3BzdG9y#mwpphu-container

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

And it will be struck down as unconstitutional in 3... 2... 1...

• peaches
    peaches

hope not elsewhere

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Heck I know Hispanics born in the USA who are already hassled by the cops anytime they go too far out of their neighborhoods.

Nothing new here, except now the cops won't get suspended for it.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Hasn't been struck down yet Elsewhere. In fact there are new ones popping up. Wooohooo for Arizona, it's about time you took back your state!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I have come to the conclusion that if Sam Whiskey is a JW, he became one due to his right-wing tendencies, and if he's an XJW, it's because they weren't right-wing enough for him.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Vidiot,

I find it hard to understand how any ew-JW can not be liberal. And yet they exist! But I also don't understand right-wingers or conservatives to begin with. Eh, to each their own.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Vid and Dana,

No I'm not a witness anymore. But I would classify myself as a Conservative. I still hold to the values fo the Bible, just chose not to attend meetings any more. Why would a person abandon the values he's come to know just because they're not popular?

Inversely, please explain why it's to understand how any X-JW can not be liberal? Why do you think that way? I'm curious to get your perspective....

• Robdar
    Robdar

since when did "conservative" come to mean somebody who holds to the values of the Bible? Just curious.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

It's the way I've interpreted it, may not be correct, but that's the way I've interpreted it. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit