Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 04-18-10 (SWORD OF THE SPIRIT)

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Blondie, some articles I cannot get through and don't know how you do it. I had to respond to something you quoted at the beginning:

w91 1/1 p. 23 par. 14 Be Filled With Joy ***Our sisters are to be commended in that they are doing the greater part of the field work.

The Sisters are the the majority putting in the big hours, finding the studies, and then have to turn them over to some moron.

I have heard through the years over, and over, about the older woman driving the big Chrysler's, Cadillacs, Avalons, etc., while some once or twice a month male stretches out in the passenger side because he conducted the meeting for service and asigned him self to the most luxurious auto.

I also get to hear about women working, and men staying home to pioneer, this is especially prevalent in Florida. These pioneer boys love the big luxurious cars, being in charge, but never offering their own vehicles! (They aint workin) and the wife needs the car to get to work.

Rarely getting their butts out of the front seat, but then get to take over studies.

I'm sorry I couldn't read through the article you covered.....just couldn't get past the opening.

• rich5678
    rich5678

Alot of jehovah witnesses should stop lying to themselves. These sisters in my car group claim that jws know about the bible alot more than an average worldly person. That is not the case. Memorizing scriptures is alot different than knowing what the scriptures mean...Even the watchtower article today written it....USE THE PUBLICATIONS MORE THAN THE BIBLE. YEAH USE THE BIBLE TOO BUT USE IT ALONG WITH OUR PUBLICATIONS...

• rich5678
    rich5678

"the story about the lady in india has got to be made up. 93 years steeped in that tradition and religion, and just like that, she is changed, notice how in just a few "weeks" she is seein the light. also as blondie alludes, lets also mention how he will have to mention to mommy, that as well as gettin to see some of the dead relatives agin, she will witness many others becomin bird food in the not so distant future."

You know it!!! I knew it was bulls#@% when i first read it. You got to be a fool to believe this garbage...

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

Context is becoming a big issue lately (could it be as a response to what's written on this board and others?). It is featured in this article and during our last CO visit he mentioned in one of his talks about the dangers of taking scriptures out of context. Of course, it's all a smokescreen. There could be no WT doctrine without cherry picking scriptures out of context.

Also, if the JW's stopped for one second to consider the real history and actual 'real time' intentions of the bible writers, the fantasy applications of the WT would seem ludicrous. Even in this article, when it keeps talking about Paul handling the 'word of truth', the WT wants to make the false association that it is the same Bible that is sitting on their laps. But what did it mean to Paul? What was he really referring to? They quoted Gal 5:13 where Paul spoke about being freed from the Law. The gospels hadn't been written yet. He couldn't have been referring to his own letters. So what was the 'word' that he was talking about? I can guarantee that not one person in the KH asked themselves those questions, while at the same time they were raising their hands commenting how advantageous it is to study the history and background of a scripture. Most of them don't have a clue. They are trained to stop thinking things through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit