Russia: JWs treated as "terrorists"

by behemot 29 Replies latest jw friends

• behemot
    behemot

RUSSIA: Jehovah's Witnesses treated as "terrorists"

Investigations and searches from house to house, seizing religious material "extremist" allegations. A Kingdom hall in Budennovsk set on fire. Just like under Stalin?

Moscow (AsiaNews / Agencies) - "You are extremist terrorists" is how a woman rebuked some Jehovah's Witnesses (JW), her work colleagues, after a campaign launched by police in Kasimov and other cities of the province of Ryazan (southwest of Moscow). In recent days, groups of police officers have visited house to house, and stopped people in the streets and markets asking them if they have never bothered by JW, if they have given them publications if they could identify them. Police have also visited schools and talked to principals asking them if they had complaints against parents and students who belong to the group.

In conversations the police report that TDG "in search of single people and pensioners, win their trust and take their property."

The JW are worried about this campaign that increases hatred toward them. Between March and April at least three Kingdom Halls (JW places of assembly) in Ryazan suffered police raids that during assemblies, interrogations of those present seizures of books and leaflets.

Police have also searched the homes of 21 JWs, confiscating books, movies, personal letters, diaries, journals, computers, almost as if it were "extremist" material.

JW representative Anton Omelchenko, states that "committing this crime against the JW shows the degree of religious intolerance which in Russia today."

On the night of March 20, at Budennovsk (Stavropol in southern Russia), a fire destroyed the local Kingdom Hall. Experts and technicians have determined that the fire was arson

Currently the organization is accused of being an "extremist sect" of having an "unfriendly attitude towards other churches” and of “refusing military service”, although the constitution allows the alternative civilian service.

source: http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Jehovah's-Witnesses-treated-as-terrorists-18136.html

According to JW, Russia is returning to the methods of Stalin in 1951, when they were suppressed and many of them deported. All the victims were later rehabilitated.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

They’re chasing the wrong ppl. The rank and file Russian JW is looking for an answer to the harsh winters and bleak conditions of post-Communist Russia.

The real culprits are the leaders living in luxury in Brooklyn, USA, who don’t care about their Russian “brothers”.

*shaking my head in dismay*

• stillin
    stillin

this underscores the "harmless" in "harmless cult." Sure, there are a lot of complaints about mistreatment and tactics used by the WT, but those things are barely a blip on the radar compared to the real harm done by actual killer organizations. Sometimes, we need to do a reality check.

• metatron
    metatron

Excellent news! What they accused of? Refusing military service? Being unfriendly towards other churches?

Any Watchtower apologist want to claim those aren't true?

Are they being hunted down and deported? Harshly imprisoned? Nope, they seem to take the trashy, hateful literature away and even release Witness protestors.

The Russians seem to have found the right response! Don't waste prison cells on these people, just destroy the magazines and confiscate Watchtower property. This is a dream come true! Good Luck with this one, Watchtower!

metatron

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

They’re not just taking WT literature, they’re also getting personal, by taking away letters, journals and computers.

Overkill IMO.

• metatron
    metatron

Journals? Letters? Computers? OH MY GOD! Stalin has returned! The horror, the horror!

metatron

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This is terrible.

BTS

• baltar447
    baltar447

When a government goes after a peaceful, non-violent group, no matter how wacky, it's always a very BAD thing.

Here, chew on this quote below. Feel free to substitute JW anywhere in there, you'll get the idea.

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
    and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ printed pamphlets condeming the Russian Government..

and..

"USED" Jehovah`s Witness`s to distribute those pamphlets,from Houe to House in Russia.

Now the WBT$ is crying about Freedom of Religion??..

BULLSHIT!!

The WBT$ mounted an attack on the Russian Government..

Jehovah`s Witness`s involved themselves in a WBT$ Conspiracy,against the Russian Government ..

Jehovah`s Witness`s are no longer poor Religious Victims..Jehovah`s Witness`s are now,active Anarchists..

Invovled in a WBT$ Conspiracy against the Russian Government..

Neither the WBT$ or Jehovah`s Witness`s can hide behind Freedom of Religion,in Russia..

They crossed the line,seperating Religion from Government..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses are terrorists, at least as an organization. They insist that people go around from door to door telling everyone that they are going to be destroyed soon (how soon?) unless they act at once and become Jehovah's Witlesses. To me, that is a form of terrorism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit