Did any of you read the Insight books cover to cover? I did, ugh.

by Wasanelder Once 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I was hungry for the story behind the scriptures and thought I was getting it by reading them. I think it was beneficial but once I got to chronology I started to throw up in my mouth. How about you? Did you read them and what do you think now of the information your read?

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

from cover to cover? no. but i read most of them. anything to do with Daniel or Daniel's prophecy really messed with my head.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Well just when I thought I read EVERYTHING the org had to offer, you have me beat, I did not read the Insight Books from cover to cover, but I'm sure at one time I started to. Wow

• VM44
    VM44

The problem with Watchtower "scholarship" is that often only one side, or incomplete information, is presented on a subject.

The Watchtower will not mention any facts that do not support the conclusion they want to present.

They lact both integrity and balance when they discuss a matter.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Nope, never read them cover to cover.

But I remember how the WTS was so proud of themselves, creating such an amazing "reference work", as if nothing similar existed in the entire world. (Well, except for the "Aid" book, of course...) When I first left and discovered that the "Religion" section of Barnes and Noble had numerous similar works lining their shelves, I bought a couple for comparison. The Insight book is quite incomplete, I found.

I'm shocked.

GGG

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I used them as reference books, reading whole sections at a time. However, I never read it through--and I believe most of the information is totally false (and not just out of date).

• JWoods
    JWoods

Just as a matter of interest - was this supposed to be a replacement for the Aid book? And, was the Aid book to be discarded?

• sherah
    sherah

The Insight books are a replacement for the Aid book because Ray Franz had a hand in writing it.

• minimus
    minimus

wow.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The Insight books are a replacement for the Aid book because Ray Franz had a hand in writing it.

Ha! - but as I remember the old Aid book, this had nothing "apostate" in it; just conventional generic JW stuff on general bible subjects. Did they tell everybody not to use the Aid book any longer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit