What kind of cereal do you eat in the morning?

by asilentone 35 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

zoiks, what kind of juice?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I hate cereal I always have even as a child. I have a protein shake and coffee and vitamins & supplements every morning.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

lol @ A Fenderson and Darth plaugeis!!

For me it's green tea and/or fresh coffee, then yoghurt/soya/fruit smoothies, or fresh vegetable juice (carrot/cucumber/beet/ginger/tomato/celery), or fresh orange juice; then warm oats mixed with mashed banana, milk and honey, or soft scrambled egg with tomato and mushrooms, or smoked salmon on wholewheat toast, or pineapple pieces and plain yoghurt.....

........ NOT all together! All in different combinations on different days.

Variety is good. Freshness is good. Branded boxes are pretty much bad. "Cereal" - that bland factory-produced sugar-loaded stuff in a big box is a big advertising con. Who taught us that "cereal" is what breakfast is all about? Oh yes, the Kellogg brothers.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Like Nancy Drew - I have a protein shake every morning (well 5 days a week).

The protein is low sugar (0 grams sugar), and something like 20 grams of protein per scoop. 2 cups of 2% milk, one raw egg, and a small scoop of lecithin - in the blender... hit frappe. Drink down with a handful of vitamins and supplements.

This works well - and has - for over 30 years now. I usually do not get hungry until lunch time.

Weekends are a different breakfast. I go to Jim's and get coffee and a Western Blend soft taco. It has hashbrowns, egg, tomato bits and other goodies inside.

Sometimes for lunch on Saturdays I will have a quick bowl of Cheerios with brown sugar and milk.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Heaven
    Heaven

I don't eat cereal in the morning. I tend to eat it for lunch or dinner. Some of my faves are:

- Nature's Path Organic Heritage Flakes

- Nature's Path Kamut Puffs and Corn Puffs.

- Rice Krispies

• Chalam
    Chalam

Porridge

Add two teaspoons of sugar, stir and munch :)

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit