Ugly brothers?

by dgp 17 Replies latest jw friends

• dgp
    dgp

To respond to Serenity Now's question on another thread (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/191790/2/Ugly-Sisters, let me start this thread about UGLY BROTHERS IN CONGREGATIONS. Women, speak freely if you will. Were there any hot men in your congregations, I mean, men you wouldn't think twice about marrying? How well do brothers look on their suits and ties? How did they compare, lookswise, with the worldlies?

Disclaimer: Being a worldly, I can't possibly be part of the people you comment on, and I can't possibly have any interest in saying that the brothers were hotter looking than the despicable worldlies.

• dinah
    dinah

All the ones who weren't butt ugly were pretty much out the door as soon as they turned 18.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh hell yeah!

What else do 'brothers' do other than go out in service, study the botchtower and gossip.

They start out looking good, but lordly lord lord, they don't last!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Thanks dgp! Actually I've had crushes on some really cute JW guys. One recently who was so cute, had me thinking about going back to the KH, then I was like, no still not worth it. He was very hot though, he did not stay on the market long.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

There were more than a few good looking, handsome guys in my congregation. They all married pioneer sisters and now have the 'perfect' life in the eyes of the JW's. One of them was a total a**hole and doesn't treat his wife very well. The rest were decent guys and seem to be happy.

I can't say that any of them were more attractive than worldly men. I can say for certain that they weren't as 'cool' as the non jw guys.

• Girlie
    Girlie

I have seen some attractive brothers, but was always turned off by their arrogance and/or dullness of being a typical head-strong JW.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    All the ones who weren't butt ugly were pretty much out the door as soon as they turned 18.

Hey, wait just a minute!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

There was not one young male in the JWs that I would have considered dating. But mostly I was turned off by the cult itself. I didn't want any part of a JW relationship.

• dgp
    dgp

I'm sure there must be some cool brothers. Come on. We're all humans.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Yeah there were some cool brothers. I actually never would have seen myself "marrying outside the Lord" but since I no longer believe the lie, here I am! One big problem in the org was that if you were not the good little JW wife type your chances of marrying a JW man were not good. There is often a lack of ambition that is a big turn-off for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit