Will I get DF now?

by iknowall558 17 Replies latest jw friends

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Jehovah's Witnesses News, Library, History, Videos, Talks, Illustrations Hey Lorraine, could you explain your comment from this anti-JW group?

Lorraine Catherine Barrie yes......me too. They wont come to my door though cos Im a big bad apostate but would love to have copies of this leaflet to distribute to local JWs the week they study the article.

I can tell you're a fan of sarcasm. Go ahead, keep laughing. 8 hours ago · Report

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Lorraine Catherine Barrie Im not laughing admin. Are you an elder? Do not judge me please.

You have asked me to explain a comment I made. I feel that is a very reasonable request. However, first let me explain where I am at the moment.

You have noticed that I asked a question..(see above). I have been a JW for 24yrs. I am a studier, and researcher and I constantly read and check things for myself....after all this is what the Bible itself encourages......1Cor 2:15, 1 Thess 5:21,22. Didnt even the Boreans do this? ... See More However, this seems to have got me into some kind of bother.....which I truly cannot understand. I requested a shepherding call to explain my concerns to the elders about some of our teachings. (If you want to stop reading now...you can. I know this is the point where most people think your are evil and perhaps an apostate which apparently is worse).

I was genuinely and sincerely asking questions based on what I have read in scripture compared to what our own organization has printed in its literature.

Here is an example of one of my concerns. ....(Deut 18: 20-22)

"However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?", when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word DOES NOT COME TRUE, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak....."

After a lot of prayers to Jehovah I finally mustered up the courage to ask the elders why the Governing Body saw fit to print many times the dates for Armageddon. The reason I know this is because I started reading through the Proclaimers book and from pages 631 onwards, they themselves list the dates they printed for when Armageddon was to be. I believe 1975 was one of the more notable ones. (WT July 15th, 1976....the society blamed the brothers for believing this) (WT March 1980, pg 17.....4yrs before they made an apology.)

They do explain why they did this, it was down to enthusiasm and being over eager......but nowhere have I seen that being enthusiastic was ever accepted by Jehovah for going against scripture.

We all know that the times allotted for the end have come and gone. I am in no way doubting that Armageddon is near, but as the GB and Faithful Slave are God's 'prophet' today... then why is it, that what this prophet class said....DIDNT COME TRUE. And yes....I did ask the question......"Does that make them a False Prophet?" Please bear in mind I am using Deut 18 as a guide. also 2Thess 2:1, Acts 1:7, Luke 21:8.

This has really caused me a lot of anguish and I am torn inside. What should I do? I am so confused. Must I follow and listen to what the Bible says first and foremost or should I listen to the Faithful and Discreet Slave? Jehovah NEVER gets anything wrong....yet there have been many WRONG dates for Armageddon that have come from the Governing Body.

My Elders never really answered my questions. This was only one that I asked. Instead.....I WAS TOLD TO KEEP QUIET or else I would need to be disciplined! I am so hurt. I never realized before that I couldnt ask questions and cannot believe that some of the people I have known for so long have started whispering about me and are labelling me as an apostate. Where is the Love from my brothers? Well here's the truth.....all I did was ask questions....and if that makes me an apostate.....then its a far cry from what the Bibles definition is.

I am not disfellowshipped. I will be disappointed yet not fully surprised if you chose to treat me in an unloving way and 'disfellowship' me from this forum. I have done nothing wrong and all comments on here by me have been genuine.

My comment on other forum, was born out of my hurt and upset. There was indeed a measure or sarcasm attatched to the comment I made because I feel angry. No one on that forum knows what I have just told you.

I still love Jehovah, Jesus and have a great respect and love for the Bible and for all my brothers and sisters....yourself included.

You called me publicly on this and I have responded publicly. If you chose to delete this post then you are calling into question...not what I say...but what Jehovah himself has said in the scriptures that I have posted to back up what I have said.

I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to answer you and I wish you well. Agape. x x 13 minutes ago ·

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

The question I asked was this...

I asked a question.........
  • iknowall558
    iknowall558

Can you believe I posted this 5 hours ago and no-one has removed it yet. : )

• Tea drinker
    Tea drinker

No, I can't believe that it has not been removed yet.

All the while that this is up, it is a "danger" to those already having doubts. I am surprised that the administrators have not thought about that themselves. Of course, you basically anticipate their unreasonable reaction by saying that you are aware that the post might be removed. I doubt that this sits comfortably with them--you essentially show their position to be weak in a very clever and "sincere" way.

They are in a catch 22 situation I think. They can leave it up, thus showing their reasonableness but also "endangering" those who might read it; or they can remove it and thus cause alarm bells to ring in others who have already read it and believe you to be sincere. The latter course would also highlight that they are arguing from a weak position and that they therefore need to silence their "opponent" rather than debate with her.

What you have done is great but I must say that I think that it will eventually get removed. Either way it is a lose-lose situation for them.....unless of course they can out you as an apostate, smear you and thus convince everybody to ignore what you have previously said based upon that negative label.

• nugget
    nugget

I agree with tea drinker and the longer they leave it up the worse it gets for them.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Is this a joke?

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

I AM DUMFOUNDED THIS HAS BEEN LEFT UP AND NOW THE ADMIN IS HAVING AN OPEN DISCUSSION WITH ME. I WAS GIVEN ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO THROW SOMETHING ELSE IN. Jehovah's Witnesses News, Library, History, Videos, Talks, Illustrations Judge you? I didn't call you an apostate, you did a fine job of that yourself. It's obvious to me who you are choosing to associate with. A foolish group who believes that the Faithful and Discreet slave class are to be destroyed as false prophets but Jehovah's Witnesses as a group aren't necessarily bad.

(Matthew 24:48-51) 48“But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

(2 John 8-11) 8Look out for yourselves, that YOU do not lose the things we have worked to produce, but that YOU may obtain a full reward. 9Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works. ... See More I'm sure Randy Watters is a fine person to be associating with to get an unbiased Bible viewpoint. 45 minutes ago · Report

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

MY REPLY......

Lorraine Catherine Barrie Oh...ok...sister or brother...I dont know who you are because you're anonymous. I beg to differ....I think you are calling me an apostate.

And why are you judging everyone else and calling them foolish? That is very unkind of you to do this. I know that some of these people are in the same situation as me and stood up and challenged things that didnt measure up to scripture. I commented on another forum.....thats all. I also comment on this one...so what does that say? All I know is that this is the only forum where I have been treated in an unkind and almost humiliating way.

You keep quoting scriptures to me like I dont understand what the Bible teaches. What point are you making to me with these scriptures? You are making no comment on them. ... See More You ARE saying I am an apostate! The society uses these scriptures to describe what apostates are and you are quoting them to me. But please, I will tell you exactly what I see in this scripture....2John.. is giving a warning against those who do not remain in the teaching of the Christ.. HIS teachings....! I believe everything that Christ teaches and try to live my life accordingly. You have somehow got this mixed up with WT teachings. The org. has had some things wrong and they have admitted it in the literature if you care to find it. They are not beyond making mistakes as they are imperfect men and will be the first to say so.

I am not being disrespectful saying this. You will think that I am, but its important to question everything. The FS has regularly endorsed this. .......

"Every man should be persuaded in his own mind and no man should permit himself to be deterred from examining a question based on the Bible because a clergyman or anyone else makes the unsupported assertion that it is dangerous or unworthy of his consideration. Error always seeks the dark, while truth is enhanced by light. Error never desires to be investigated. Light always courts a thorough and complete investigation". (Millions Book pg 13) Also see..(AW 22nd Aug, 1984, pg 28) (WT 15th Nov, 1963, pg 688).

I dont understand your reaction to me as its almost hostile and almost like you are frightened of me. This is why I am finding it difficult ......I am a person, a human being, one who loves Jehovah and respects the Bible. I am not bad. I am not an apostate and I am not evil. I am ASKING QUESTIONS. Nothing more, nothing less.

Please my friend....lets just get on. I have no wish to upset anyone and I do not wish to be upset myself. I am having a hard time as it is with all this.

Could I please conclude with this scripture..

Jude 22 "Also, continue showing mercy to some that have doubts."

Agape x

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I am amazed that you were able to get this far in the conversation without being removed.

It will certainly open eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit