privilleges equals spirituality

by stillin 31 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

what a sad joke! Posters here talk about the "do more" pushiness in the organization and that is so true! Elders just assume that you WANT to carry microphones and work your way up the spiritual ladder to that blissful state of total immersion in "Kingdom matters." Or, if you aren't wired that way, something is wrong with you and you are totally useless. I think I'd rather be considered useless than put up with what the pushers will lay upon you. I'm glad I figured that much out years ago.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I wish I hadda figured it out. I didnt figure it out until it was too late, and they read my name from a platform, and people came up to me afterwards congratulating me and hugging me. Looking back, I would have rather had the hug and kiss on the cheek from Michael Corleone.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

stillin that is so true!

I remember when I thought I was in love with this brother. I made the mistake of remarking to a couple of my friends that I wish he didn't have to be up during the meeting handling mikes and the sound, etc, but sitting hugged up w/me during the meeting. They looked at me like I was crazy, they were like, "he's reaching out, blah, blah blah." It's all garbage.

• peaches
    peaches

privilleges equals spirituality===privileages equal spiritual death....

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I always felt bad for the 57 year old guy that's JW career got sidetracked by a wayward kid or health problems, then if he wants to be anybody again he has to pass mics and shovel snow again, while the 34 year old elder sits there. Couldn't do it! NMKA

• stillin
    stillin

that's what happened with me. I had kids turning into teenagers, and all that goes with that. So I stepped aside to try and be a better father and it was like the scales fell from my eyes. I was like the hamster that got off of the wheel and looked at the other hamsters, how ridiculous they are! But I also realized that I could be of even more service to the friends without having to always say the correct thing; the canned answer. It was refreshing!

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

A CO gave a talk where he said fron the platform "If a brother can't even hold the mics in the Khall - WHAT makes him a good candidate as someones marriage mate?" I remember wrinkling up my face trying to figure out WHERE in the hell this dude got this instruction...

AFterwards my mother held onto that statement like GOLD! If I met a bros, and he wasn't an MS, she would start trippin with that whole 'remember what the CO said' BS. The weirdest part was that in seeing WHOM got the privilege of holding the mic in the Khall: 1) a developmentally challenged bros who can't live on his own nor hold a FT job, 2) a 65yr old EX elder who was now just an MS, and 3) an MS who is married and who is verbally abusive to his wife and children .... so WHAT kind of example is that?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You can`t get any closer to God than this!..

Woman cleaning toilet bowl photo

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Heaven
    Heaven

"If a brother can't even hold the mics in the Khall - WHAT makes him a good candidate as someones marriage mate?"

There might be a sexual connotation that could be gleaned from this... but I'm coming up blank.

• dgp
    dgp

Marked, with a hooray for Outlaw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit