What Actually Helped You Leave The Organization?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

After seeing some threads about how some think that being direct (like Danny Hazzard) is the best way to get people out of "The Truth" or being very subtle is most effective----I was wondering what exactly made you leave the Organization??

Were you more impressed by websites that were informational? What really got you thinking to leave the religion and its mindset?

• hotspur
    hotspur

Finding out our (then) 14yo daughter was not mine and that her mother held the secret and lived a secret life for all those years. That made me stand back and take a critical view of everything. That led to an 'epiphany' at a DA and I never looked back.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I hadn't seen any website about this but knew from observing others who had drifted and moved away how to do it. Whilst I'd slowly stopped to believe it (or never had in the first place but was unwilling to think about it) and hadn't agreed with most of it and was bored silly by meetings I didn't want to bring children up in it and felt I needed to be strong for their sake.

If I'd been on JWN 15 years ago I'd have left much sooner and felt a lot better about myself through my 20's. Subtle is ok but most JW's discuss all that is rubbish about it in a subtle way and still keep going to meetings. I think direct is better.

MMXIV

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

One of my JW friends told me, "I don't really think Ray Franz was a such a bad guy. You should read his book."

Needless to say, we're both ex-JWs today.

• minimus
    minimus

For me, it was a rather slow process. Literally, it took years for me to clearly decide I just couldn't stand the bullsh*t any longer.

Randy's site, Shaun's Research and I can't remember the site's name but the owner was from the UK and he had an article from a WT. publication showing how Adam COULD HAVE decided to mate with one of the animals but after a long review of his options, he decided to do otherwise.....And this is supposed to be spirit directed?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Q:What helped me leave the Organization?..

A:Associating with Jehovah`s Witness`s..

In Watchtower World..You can`t move without stepping in WBT$ Bullshit..

Jehovah`s Witness`s see it as well as anybody..

They are the first to say..

"Oh we know there are Problems in the Organization..But..Where else would we go?"

"Wait on Jehovah"..

You can either have one more meal of WBT$ Bullshit..Or you can leave..

The menu is never going to change..

................................ ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

It was The Watchtower Observer that helped me leave. I just remembered the name!

• out4good3
    out4good3

Then increasing control and the evolution of being required to belive and preach one thing one week, then of believing nd preaching something totally opposite the next (figuratively) is what drove me out. It was something I was recogcnizing after a year and a half in. By year two, I was out. By year three, under heavy pressure from all the JWs around me to return, I knew that I was never going back.

Freeminds and Quotes were of immense help.

• minimus
    minimus

I read COC and Freedom by Franz and mentally kept it in the back of my brain. I KNEW the facts but I just had a hard time leaving and secretly hoped things might change. Eventually the hypocrisy got to me and judging made me realize I clearly was no better than anyone else.

• minimus
    minimus

I really think most people need time to make the transition to actually get out. It's not easy, especially when you have friends and family deeply entrenched in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit