Help with

by restrangled 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Post 6660 of 6666

Restrangled what a wonderful number of posts!

• Scott77
    Scott77

As a man, its the first time to hear this issue from a woman who longs to be with fellow women for social. Pleas,e try Ex-JW site meet up in your area. How about appostlefest? Good luck Restrangled.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks everyone, I had to get busy taking care of the stinking pool. The feelings remain the same, but I had to quit blubbering and move on.

Ya know, thinking of all of you too.... much love to all the wonderful girls on this forum.

r.

• yknot
    yknot

Maybe we should have a weekly girls thread......

So whatcha wanna talk about ????

Being spring, it is the purrrr-fect time to allow yourself to 'blossom'!

Here is what I have been busy doing........ I did the home mani/pedi last night after competing my sewing project.

When I got back from the meeting today I put on a 'gloss' to shine up my hair.......

Tonight I am going to do the coffee grounds/baby oil saran wrap thing for 20-30 mintutes followed a fully sloughing and long soak in a hot tub (vigorously toweling afterwards to increase circulation) and ending in a utter slathering of lotion (of course all after hubby is sound alseep)

Maybe splurge on a professional hour-long back massage..........(not in my budget this month, but gonna be next month!)

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks Soctt77, its not that a girl doesn't care about men, its that they might loose their way when their entire lives are about taking care of men.

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

ynot...I wish you were near me. My evening was spent cleaning off a deck and making sure the pool pump doesn't fry out.

I didn't cook tonight so I feel guilty about that.

I complained about watching Golf that was about Mr. Scumbag himself...whats his name, Tiger woods. Not a good thing.

Like I mentioned before, their is little time to be a girl in this house.....I don't think they get it.

My BIL raised 3 girls, He is so funny because he complains they don't understand the guy stuff. Such is life.

r.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I hear you SISTER ! I'm freakin surrounded by testosterone all the time too . Raised three boys ,four if you count my husband .Plus I am surrounded by men at work too, arghhh.

Sometimes I think I have lost the knack for girl talk ......

• yknot
    yknot

Tonight sounds like the perfect night to take a long soak....... do you have any bath salts (or epsom), maybe a cup of apple cider vinegar. While you soak, do a mask made from you pantry or refrigerator items................. don't forget to towel vigorously and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!

Other things can wait...... but make a point to buy out some time to do things for yourself.

Teach them boys that it is important to give women their space to do 'girly things'

Promise youself to wear some perfume tomorrow, something you haven't wore in a long time but LOVE (or find an excuse to try a new scent at the store)

Little steps each day until you reclaim you inner girly......

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Restrangled)))))))

I can't add anything to the good advice you've been given.

Sylvia

• its_me!
    its_me!

Restrangled---- I don't have any kids, but I am with my husband ALL the time when he is not at work. He is not very social, and seems to get mad when I try to do anything without him. So, while I don't know exactly how you are feeling, I do maybe a little.

IT SUCKS!!!!! I have been reduced to trying to start female conversations in the grocery store! (The women usually just look at me like I am weird, people can't communicate like they used to, it is like everyone is scared!)it

I am like you with an extreme JW mom. We used to be very close when I was in the ORg, but not so much anymore. We hardly talk at all nowadays.

I feel horrible because I can empathize with how you are feeling, but at the same time, I can't think of any wonderful advice to give you!

The best I can do is this----- When you get the time, (which is very rare, I am sure!), take a moment talk to a stranger, not a complete one maybe. I just struck up a "mini-friendship" with a girl that is in one of my classes at the university I go to. And while she is 8 years younger than me, we found that we actually have a lot in common, (I am 27, and she is 19, so 8 years is a big age difference to her!!!) I was so excited when I came home, I had to laugh at myself! Now, I don't know if we will be the best of friends forever or anything, but you just never know when you might find a kindred spirit! Even if it is just for a few minutes, (we went and grabbed lunch together in the school cafe,) it really does refresh you!

I hope that this helps, even if it is just to know that I can emmpathize and I am thinking of you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit