panty Hose at Meeting?

by hamsterbait 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

A friend of mine went to work in NY for a few months.

It was the middle of summer, and BAKING hot.

After the meeting an elder approached her and asked why wasnt she wearing panty hose at the Kingdumb Hell.

She said its too hot.

He said it disrespects Jehoobie.

She said "so does staring at my legs during the meeting."

I have also heard complaints that a bra strap might be visible under a blouse, so cardigans should still be worn.

How do these creeps cope when sitting on a beach?

Who was the Gibbering Buddy who sunbathed on the roof of Beth Hell showing off his packet in skimpy trunks?

HB

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I don't think it's proper for men in the congo to be commenting on any of my underthings containing the word "panty" or "bra" in them!

Oh and how did the women in Bible times ever manage to show the proper respect for Jehovah before pantyhose were invented?

Oh and I would tell the elder that I was wearing pantyhose, the new super sheer kind that are so sheer it looks and feels like you aren't wearing anything at all! Care to feel my leg and see? They are truly amazing!

Or...I would ask him if they had to be pantyhose or if thigh highs with garters were acceptable? And if I wear a thong or crotchless panties under my dress but nobody can tell is that disrespectful too or is that OK?

What about knee highs? Or tights in the winter? What percentage of spandex or nylon should they contain before they become disrespectful? And what about my friend with the nylon allergy? Could she apply for special dispensation from the governing body for this or will she have to be reproved?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL, loved her retort.

I think it must have been a local issue. I live in Australia and there wasn’t a rule about wearing hose or stockings. Considering how hot and the length of time summer lasts in Australia, it was an impractical standard.

Maybe it was something remaining from the 1950s?

• highdose
    highdose

i tell ya, if they could get away with it, they would have the sisters in muslim style shrouds!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Gerrit loshe(sp) was the one who likes to sun bathe. Rumor was they had a secluded spot on the roof of 25 for him to get his sun.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Broken Promise

When I was attending meetings in New Zealand during the 90s there was an issue & sisters had to wear hose or stockings. yeah must be a local issue.

• possible-san
    possible-san

hamsterbait.
    It is an interesting subject.

Well, I tell you the truth, when I was an active JW, I had not stared at women's legs.

Probably, I do not have looked hard at them. (Matthew 5:28)
    Therefore, I do not know whether sisters had worn the panty hose, and I have no such memory .

That elder is a clearly lascivious man, like the GB!
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/171616/1/lascivious-governing-body

And he is one of the idiotic men in that organization.

possible

• blondie
    blondie

I had a CO say we had to wear it out in d2d even on hot days. We disregarded even though being regular pioneers. We noticed that he did not wear his suitcoat on those days. A missionary from our area (a CO and substitute branch overseer) sent us a picture of himself in d2d in sandals, shorts and a short sleeve shirt without tie. We showed it to this CO and he shut up.

These are the aberrations of brothers and/or elders with too high an opinion of their opinion and disregarding the fact that they really only had authority over their wives and minor daughters as to panty hsoe.

That same year the DO's wife showed up for d2d with us sans pantyhose.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I never wear stockings at the meetings, and it's not an issue. I know some halls where it is. But, if it ever was made an issue at my hall, that would be the final straw for me. I'm already getting to the point where it is getting too much, fading may be faster than I expected.

This reminds me of a sleazy brother asking a sister what kind of panty hose she was wearing, because he wanted his wife to get that kind.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How about a rule that, if panty hose are to be worn at the boasting session, they have to set the thermostat down to 55 o F/13 C? That would also get the "sisters" to wear a sweater--if it bothers the hounders that much, maybe they need to set the thermostats low enough so they would be cold enough to warrant such attire. The same goes for "brothers" being required to wear the sweat box.

While out in field circus, a more practical rule would be to not worry about something like that. If it is hot and muggy, panty hose would only create more problems with appearance than they would solve. The same goes for having a collar button that is too tight and done up--fine if it is cool and breezy, not fine if it is hot and muggy. On the flip side, "sisters" need to be allowed to wear pant suits if they are more comfortable in them, especially if it is cold (and that would solve the bare-legs problem).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit