If the Governing Body had candor ....

by wannabefree 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Another newbie thought ... I believe I saw another recent post mention a similar thought ... it is about the candor of those eaking the lead of Jehovah's Wintesses, namely, the Governing Body.

I have been bothered by this for some time now. Our publications point out one of the reasons we trust the Bible's accuracy is the candor of its writers ... (yes, our publications, it is the natural was for me to speak at this time).

If only. I really don't think I would have gotten to the point I am at if the organization was candor about mistakes. The UN NGO for example. The best damage control I think would have been to out themselves in a letter to the congregations. Instead, the friends who do find out feel like they are deceived, and when they find out, there is a spin already prepared. There is a spin for everything! Why not face it! Jesus would. The inspired Bible writers did! If the FDS (as represented by the GB - can't help but wonder if the other 10,800 or so FDS had a say if they would make different decisions than the 9 self appointed representatives) are spirit anointed and directed, doesn't that imply they are inspired?

Wouldn't the best damage control and love for the sheep be to acknowledge the sins or short comings of the Organization and deal with it and move forward! I know I could handle that much better. Would Jehovah or Jesus sue his own sheep? Would they spin things with expensive trials that would financially ruin a sheep that was wronged in some way or needed help?

I just can't imagine Jesus using lawyers and public relations representatives to spin or use guile.

w984/1pp.13-14pars.16-17ABookforAllPeople ‘Can the Bible really be trusted?’ some may wonder. ‘Does it refer to people who undeniably lived, places that actually existed, and events that truly happened?’ If we are to trust it, there should be evidence that it was written by careful, honest writers. This brings us to another reason for examining the Bible: There is solid evidence that it is accurate and trustworthy. 17 Honest writers would record not just successes but also failures, not just strengths but also weaknesses. The Bible writers displayed such refreshing candor.

Candor! I think it would be more of a pothole in the road instead of the off-ramp of what seems to be deceitful practices.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

repost of what the above was supposed to look like, hopefully it works :)

Another newbie thought ... I believe I saw another recent post mention a similar thought ... it is about the candor of those taking the lead of Jehovah's Wintesses, namely, the Governing Body.

I have been bothered by this for some time now. Our publications point out one of the reasons we trust the Bible's accuracy is the candor of its writers ... (yes, our publications, it is the natural way for me to speak at this time).

If only. I really don't think I would have gotten to the point I am at if the organization was candor about mistakes. The UN NGO for example. The best damage control I think would have been to out themselves in a letter to the congregations. Instead, the friends who do find out feel like they are deceived, and when they find out, there is a spin already prepared. There is a spin for everything! Why not face it! Jesus would. The inspired Bible writers did! If the FDS (as represented by the GB - can't help but wonder if the other 10,800 or so FDS had a say if they would make different decisions than the 9 self appointed representatives) are spirit anointed and directed, doesn't that imply they are inspired?

Wouldn't the best damage control and love for the sheep be to acknowledge the sins or short comings of the Organization and deal with it and move forward! I know I could handle that much better. Would Jehovah or Jesus sue his own sheep? Would they spin things with expensive trials that would financially ruin a sheep that was wronged in some way or who needed help because of it?

I just can't imagine Jesus using lawyers and public relations representatives to spin or use guile.w984/1pp.13-14pars.16-17ABookforAllPeople ‘Can the Bible really be trusted?’ some may wonder. ‘Does it refer to people who undeniably lived, places that actually existed, and events that truly happened?’ If we are to trust it, there should be evidence that it was written by careful, honest writers. This brings us to another reason for examining the Bible: There is solid evidence that it is accurate and trustworthy. 17 Honest writers would record not just successes but also failures, not just strengths but also weaknesses. The Bible writers displayed such refreshing candor.

w096/15pp.16-17par.5SpeakTruthWithYourNeighbor what did Paul mean when he said that we should speak truth with our neighbor? Speaking truth involves sharing information that is factual, free from any deceit. True Christians do not twist or misrepresent the facts so as to mislead others. They “abhor what is wicked” and “cling to what is good.” (Rom. 12:9) In imitation of “the God of truth,” we should strive to be honest and forthright in all our dealings. (Ps. 15:1, 2; 31:5) By choosing our words carefully, even embarrassing or uncomfortable situations can be tactfully resolved without resorting to guile.—ReadColossians3:9, 10. Candor! I think it would be more of a pothole in the road instead of the off-ramp of deceitful practices.
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

I obviously need practice with formatting ...

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I agree. In fact I think that most so-called "apostates" are people who feel they've been lied to, deceived and hypocritically mistreated.

I suppose it's hard for a group of latent-homosexual-pedophiles to cowboy the f*ck up. (the GB)

• JWoods
    JWoods

It really would not even have been that hard to throw a couple of people under the bus for this UN thing - I doubt that the GB really even knew it was going on until the facts came to light. Probably this was some mid-level bright idea that got out of control.

But, just like Nixon during Watergate - their gut reaction was to cover it up when it came out. Same way they cover up the pedophiles, the gay scandals at Bethel, the dual standards on Mexican vs. U.S. draft, false prophecy, and so on.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's not you, wannabefree, it's the site's software that screws up the formatting. Does it all the time. Posting with formatting here is an art form, not a science. Don't worry about it.

• yknot
    yknot

I soooooo feel you......

However can you list many men who when faced with admitting error/recieving consequences publically or choosing to skirt the issue via deflection and getting away scot-free..... would own up to being wrong.

I don't know many men like that, stubborness, pride, the fear of being preceived weak keeps them busy in denial.

I have moments where I still long for those days when we were up to any challenge 'opposers' might throw our way.......but those days are long gone, replaced with tatics that smear and deflect the character of those challenging, not the actual challenges themselves. The WTS relies to heavily on repetition to keep everyone in group think.

The only pleasure I see now is watching to see how the WTS tries to extend a little longer their ride on Rutherfords/Franz coattails. Majority of every intepretation now is just a patch based on an error that was 'covered'. Lies , told to excuse other lies told....

• tec
    tec

I find this candor issue ironic. When I began my bible study, my teacher said to me that the WT had made mistakes, but unlike others, they will admit and correct their mistakes. That they are constantly working to learn from these mistakes (which come from a lack of understanding) and to find the truth.

I thought that candor was extremely refreshing. Because of course everyone makes mistakes. Admitting them and learning from them... well, I could get behind that. I could trust that.

Of course, she never mentioned 1975, or all the times before 1914, or the organ transplants being forbidden and then not, or the back and forth on Sodom and Gomorrah.

I don't think she deliberately deceived me. I wonder if she knew all of this, or if she had just swept it under the carpet, so to speak.

Tammy

• heathen
    heathen

Yah the WTBTS is one of the best white wash artists going , they are obviously full of dead mens bones as well . Don't even ask about the UN deal or you'll be talking to lawyers who's education was bought and paid for by the rank and file who thought they were donating to the international preaching work . They flatly sold out to the devil if they agreed to the UN mandate verbally or in writing , doesn't matter. and nobody believes it was for a library card .

• Masterji

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit