What are some of the funniest things you've seen during a prayer, and you could'nt laugh out loud?

by african GB Member 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• african GB Member
  • Scully
    Scully

a little kid, who was at the potty training stage, moons her big brother, saying "Look at my bum!"

• Terry
    Terry

When I first started attending the Kingdom Hall I was standing next to one of the brothers (his name was Wyche) who was a chiropractor and had his business right next door to the Hall. He was a dapper dresser and a cool guy.

That evening I had dressed in a hurry in the dark before going to the meeting.

That's the setup.

The prayer begins....Brother Cummings is giving the prayer. He is not (NOT!) a pithy prayer kind of guy....

I'm looking down at the floor and see Brother Wyche out of the corner of my eye with his eyes open looking down as well.

Suddenly there is a recoil movement. Brother Wyche almost snapped his neck in a kind of double-take.

I follow his gaze....

He's looking at my feet....

I become aware of my own feet.....

Brother Wyche's eyes have that cartoon pop to them....

What was going on?

I was wearing one black shoe and one brown shoe, one red sock and one Hopalong Cassidy sock!!

I kid you not.

While this is going on, my best friend Johnny notices me noticing Brother Wyche and he suddenly "get's it".

Johnny had one of those bellowing laughs that goes on and on and on once he gets started.......

I think you get the picture!

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I remember standing there once & suddenly realising that i was stood in a room with a bunch of people, all standing with our eyes closed, listening to someone talk to his imaginary friend. It made me want to cry more than laugh though.

• donny
    donny

I had my head bowed during the closing prayer on one Sunday afternoon when a visitor next to me (who looked like one of Hells Angels) released a loud fart that caused several to lose it. The brother praying even paused a second because of the chuckles.

Donny

• Styler1fan
    Styler1fan

When I looked up to see the little girl in front of me picking her nose and eating her boogers. She would pick with one hand and then switch off. For some reason it struck me as incredibly funny and I had to RUN to the bathroom before I totally lost it.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

When my oldest daughter was about six months old, she let out a long loud ripping fart during an opening prayer for the Sunday meeting.

Everyone just shook with silent laughter, except some of the kids, who couldn't contain and were hustled out by embarrassed parents as they howled.

Small congregation, everyone heard it.

I often kid my daughter, who really was always turned off by the JWs from an early age, that that was the only time she ever made a comment at a meeting, and it was an excellent one.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I often kid my daughter, who really was always turned off by the JWs from an early age

Talented kid.

• heathen
    heathen

I remember one odd prayer where the elder saying suddenly starts talking to someone : " Are you praying for extra help brother so and so", I'm like, what the hell kind of weird s$&* is that . I'm telling you these people are nuts.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

LOL...all of my kids are literally too bright and well informed to be Witnesses. None of them could ever see any reason to be one.

Ironically, I have far less problems with them than many JW parents do with their kids (mine are all teenagers or older now). They're mostly well behaved, fairly responsible, pleasant to be around most of the time and only occasionally annoying. You can't ask for more than that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit