Turning the tables on the Elders

by Darth plaugeis 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• razkat
    razkat

Thats what I like to see.Let their own s***** fly in their faces.I think its about time.

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Years ago in one of the local congs, a young brother organized an outing to see a show at the theatre. Many went along, including elders and their families. At some point in the show there was some unsavory language and sexual innuendo, but nothing to strong. The WT the next day was talking about unwholsome entertainment, one of the elders that had attended the night before(idiot) stuck his hand up and said how unexpected and unpleasant it was for the group last night and that any brother organizing such events would need to show discernment.

Following the comment, the young brother(organizer of event) puts his hand up and says "if last night was so bad then why didn't the elders take the lead in walking out". Silence followed for a while !

• nelly136
    nelly136

the last elder on my doorstep was just launching into the 'would you consider returning' so i started on the neglect of the old ones and that i was disgusted how my nan was treated for all her years of faithful service,

the fella with him dotted in with........ and how is your nan doing?

mastercard moment.

she'd been dead for months.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

During the Watchtower Study???

Ballsy

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

nelly....priceless

• nelly136
    nelly136

i thought so too darth

nice one cooks, silence says it all eh!

wasnt an elder but when my aunt was telling me long after the event of how they were all shocked horrified and disgusted at my mother for beating my daughter so badly at the meeting, i asked her which one of them stepped in and stopped her, and why had no one had informed me so i could have dealt with my mother.... nada.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit