vegetables

by larc 37 Replies latest jw friends

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

bitter - that is NOT real ...

my fave is marrow - they say people look like their pets ... and ur ... um ... vegetables ...

• teejay
    teejay

I don't know, Larc. That's a good question.

I like tomatoes. They're real juicy. Not only that, but you can put them on anything. I mean, you can put them on a sammich, or in a egg omelet... or just eat 'em raw.

As for you other question... what's a phallic symbol?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

TJ,

A phallic symbol is a representation of a man's joystick. (his love trunchen, his middle stump, wifes best friend, his percy or his cock)Architectural examples include the zigarats of ancient mesopotania, centrepoint tower in Sydney, the leaning tower of Piza and a great big bloodstained Watchtower in Brooklyn New York.

unclepenis

===

Bloody hell, i just had a gander at buttered mango's little 'g spot' finder .. far out and to think the ancient women got off on mandrakes! Gee grocery shopping with you must be fun mango LOL. (reminds me of the 'rude turnip' served up to Black Adder's puritanical aunt)

• Scully
    Scully

Dear UncleBruce:

Bloody hell, i just had a gander at buttered mango's little 'g spot' finder .. far out and to think the ancient women got off on mandrakes! Gee grocery shopping with you must be fun mango LOL.

mango was good enough to post that piccy for me as I'm technically inept at this picture-posting stuff....

and yes, I am fun to grocery-shop with... especially in the produce section

Love, Scully
    (of the "Sir, does this cucumber look more like 8 inches to you? or 9?" class)

• larc
    larc

I like corn and lima beans the best. I like peas if they are fresh or frozen, but hate them out of a can. I like potatoes baked with sour cream and butter or in soup with bacon for flavor. I am with Teejay. Tomatoes are the best. I like them straight out of the garden, eaten all by themselves or on a BLT. Beafsteaks and Marglobes are my favorite. I like raw carrots, but can't stand them cooked.

I hate brocolli, squash, turnips, cabage, and califlower.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Dear scully,

Please find me one 5' tall georgia peach ;)

unclebruce

• larc
    larc

Hey unc,

I am trying to keep the fluff organized. I started a fruit thread for the peach comments. Now, since you brought up the peach subject, I would prefer one at about 5 ft. 6 inches.

My first prayer in years - dear God, please don't let my wife see this post.

• Angharad
    Angharad

hmmm Brocalli (sp) with roast potatos and loads of gravy

• cellomould
    cellomould

Someone asked 'What is a vegetable?':

A vegetable is the edible part of the plant EXCEPT for the fruit, which is the seed-pod, basically.

By this definition, cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, corn, eggplant, and even nuts fall into the FRUIT category (seed-bearing part of the plant; fruits originate from pollination of flowers).

Hope I didn't confuse anyone, but not everything that tastes bland is a vegetable.

Here's the definition of a fruit:
    Merriam Webster online Dictionary
    http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary
    [quote]
    1. fruit
    Pronunciation: 'früt
    Function: noun
    Usage: often attributive
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin fructus fruit, use, from frui to enjoy, have the use of -- more at BROOK
    Date: 12th century
    1 a : a product of plant growth (as grain, vegetables, or cotton) <the fruits of the field> b (1) : the usually edible reproductive body of a seed plant; especially : one having a sweet pulp associated with the seed <the fruit of the tree> (2) : a succulent plant part (as the petioles of a rhubarb plant) used chiefly in a dessert or sweet course c : a dish, quantity, or diet of fruits <live on fruit> d : a product of fertilization in a plant with its modified envelopes or appendages; specifically : the ripened ovary of a seed plant and its contents e : the flavor or aroma of fresh fruit in mature wine

cellomould

p.s.: does anyone know why squirrels can survive eating acorns? They would kill us pretty quickly if we ate enough.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• larc
    larc

Hey Cell,

This thread is designed to be fluffy. If I wan't to read serious stuff on this subject I would resubscribe to the Awake. Sheessh.

Just funnin ya Cell. Don't get pissed and start a flame war on my ass. I am not up for it.

Keep a grin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit