Ordering a Don Cameron book from Lulu.com

by stichione 5 Replies latest jw friends

• stichione
    stichione

Hi all.

Anyone else purchase a book from Lulu.com? Was it a positive or negative experience?

I ordered Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron back in January, and I never received the book. When I contacted Lulu to investigate, they pretty much told me I was out of luck since the shipping method I chose didn't allow the package to be tracked. Thats strange, since I don't remember being able to chose the type of shipping I wanted.

I sent an email to Don Cameron to help me out, since he personally thanked me for my purchase and to contact him if I had any concerns or questions. I never got a reply from him.

So now i'm out almost 30$ and no one is offering me a solution.

I hope they enjoy my hard earned cash.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

My purchases at Lulu have gone well. I bought Captives of a Concept in electronic format. Instant delivery.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I had no trouble a few years ago with shipped books. Once burned is enough though. The law says you didn't receive goods paid for so they are still on the hook- at least the law as I understand it.

• bohm
    bohm

Okay that sucks ass. I bought mine online but i dont exactly remember from where. Its quite a good book - if Hassan is a psychiatrist and Franz your old grandpa, Don Cameron is a guy with a sledgehammer and a mission :-). He makes a good point and it is an excelent book, but he is not exactly subtle about it!

Anyway, check your PM's, christmas is coming early this year...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Bohm, I think you are being nice again, aren't you?

I loved Don's book. I ordered from Lulu I think, without any problems. It's been a while, so I might have gotten it elsewhere. It is a good read.

I think the variety of authors who have smashed the Jw idiocy from differing angles is a good thing. Franz convinced me I was in the wrong religion - that it wasn't the 'truth'. Hassan convinced me I had been in a cult. Cameron convinced me that the eschatology was easily overturned.

Jeff

• t33ap80c
    t33ap80c

Hi stichione,

I just read about your problem ordering "Captives of a Concept." If you can give me your e-mail address I will send the PDF version to you.

You can e-mail me at - [email protected]

Don Cameron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit