New Here - My First Rambling.

by SearchingForMe 19 Replies latest jw friends

• SearchingForMe
    SearchingForMe

Newbie, born-in, 30+ yrs, still trying to decide what I believe since all my options are now open...I can say I no longer feel the need to follow men...

I've lurked here for quite a while and enjoyed the ramblings of many, so since I'm now a member here are some of my ramblings.

It makes me sad that so many people will continue to do something just because they feel they have too much time and/or energy invested to stop and make a course correction, even if they see it's leading nowhere or to an undesirable end. It also saddens me how some people are so preprogrammed to follow what others say that they feel extremely uncomfortable changing their views, deep seated or not, even when presented with uncontrovertable evidence that their views are at best unproven, and at worst simply not possible or even plausible.

But I also realize, that just like in the sci-fi fantasy world of the Matrix, some sheeple just are not mentally prepared to leave their fantasy world. It works for them, and who am I to tell them how they should live. I believe some people are better off as followers of whatever they follow. They just don't have it in them to make the big decisions for themselves, because then they would have to take personal responsibility for making those decisions, and that weight has crushed many souls.

That's all for now. Thanks for tuning in to my frequency.

Searching...

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Welcome to JWN.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Welcome. Good first post.

Think About It

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome SearchingForMe to the Ramblers Association ;)

Like the name BTW :)

And yes, He is Luke 15

Blessings,

Stephen

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I like your name too. I think that's what we all were doing when we first got here.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome. I can't read the sign. what does it say?

• Ruby_K_Parker
    Ruby_K_Parker

"some sheeple just are not mentally prepared to leave their fantasy world."

That just cracked me up!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Welcome, sounds like you are on the right track. There is a lot to learn about ourselves and accept about others once we leave the cult. Good luck to you!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome to yet another member! These last few weeks have been awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit