Are you like Ivan Ilych?

by AK - Jeff 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GreyWolf
    GreyWolf

I always thought I could die at any time. So as a JW I never worried about death. Neither do I fear it now, although I am nearly eighty years old. I still believe in the resurrection, but not because I fear death. Rather, like Kierkegaard I want to love God for the sake of God and want to do good to my neighbors whom I must try to love despite my imperfections. I have long had a heavenly hope and still do. Yes, I can understand agnostics on this matter, particularly after coming out of the organization, but I can't understand the atheists here and on other media who mock others' hope. If they have no belief in anything but this material world, let them eat drink and be merry, and please let them not attack those of us who still have faith. They may think us fools, but some of us have good intellectual as well as emotional reasons for maintaining Christian faith.

GreyWolf

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

but I can't understand the atheists here and on other media who mock others' hope. If they have no belief in anything but this material world, let them eat drink and be merry, and please let them not attack those of us who still have faith

I didn't see anyone attack those of faith here. Am I missing something? I have attacked before, but not on this thread. This one is about the attitude of Ivan Ilych.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit