How long should I hold my breath?

by BackRoomBilly 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• sspo
    sspo

It's here to stay and they can change their doctrines as often as they want and the rank and file will

continue to put faith in GB and beleive that it's still the only true religion because they don't believe in hell, living on earth andthe only one using God's personal name.

• John Doe
    John Doe

No. Mind control and cults will always exist.

• wobble
    wobble

I agree with all the above views, when I first left, and felt a seething anger at what they had done to my life, I hoped for their quick demise.

I felt that exposure of their secrets, crimes, U.N membership, dodgy investments etc, and the falsity of their doctrines, especially big exposure on the Net would do it quite quickly.

I have come to realise that, although those things are having an effect, they will not bring about a quick end to the W.T

I can foresee that growth will be only of note from poor third world places, already true perhaps, and that contraction will happen, cash-flow will be a problem , but like all the governments of this world, they will have to keep on making savage cuts.

They will survive in some form for at least another two decades, I predict, and that prophecy is much more likely to prove true than any prediction by the JW's/WT ever has or will do.

I believe too, that they spend most of their time, the GB and the shadowy body of Eminence Grise types who really run the WT, thinking about strategy and how to keep the thing going, and thus maintain their very high standard of living, for indeed, for those chaps, "Where else is there to go ?"

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit