Are Jehovah's Witnesses enjoying their new SABBATH???

by Terry 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

I heard that it is impossible for anyone to calculate the time frame from the creation of Adam to the flood or from

the flood to modern times, there simply isn't any accurate reference to calculate from.

Making the WTS. 1975 a big bullshit story.

Straighten me out on this if possible.

If you got any straighter on this we could use you for a ruler!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I thought the 1000 year reign started in 1914.

Never mind, must have missed the invisible coronation.

• sir82
    sir82

In order for the Lord Jesus Christ to be "Lord even of the sabbath day," his thousand-year reign would have to be the seventh in a series of

thousand-year periods or millenniums.

I find this statement to be the strongest one I've seen in print to assert that "Armageddon will start by 1975".

They were usually quite careful in how they worded things, in print anyway, but they let this one slip through.

• Terry
    Terry
    They were usually quite careful in how they worded things, in print anyway, but they let this one slip through.

It was the old guard leaders, Knorr and Franz, having a mental breakdown in the most public way possible!

They thought they could make it happen by advertising it.

The Catholic Church believes that it is a bottom up church: "What is sealed on earth is sealed in heaven."

The Watchtower Society has become very Catholic over the years.

This is the best indication of it.

• rocketman
    rocketman

.".... True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end to the world," even announcing a specific date.... Yet, nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing was the full measure of evidence required in fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them."

By their own words they stand convicted of false prophecy.

• Mary
    Mary
    Are the brothers and sisters at the local Kingdom Hall enjoying the 1,000 year reign of Christ that started in 1975?

Didn't they try and wiggle out of that crap by claiming that they didn't take into account how long it was between when Adam was created and when Eve showed up and that the two events run parallel? I remember several years ago, one speaker asserted that "well, we know that Adam was alone for at least 25 years before Eve was created...." The insane reasoning was that Adam being created on the sixth day was exactly 6,000 years prior to 1975, but since this wicked ol' System of Dinks is still here, then "evidently" the Millenium would start 6,000 years after Eve was created......

God, my head hurts after that one.

• Terry
    Terry

Adam being created on the sixth day was exactly 6,000 years prior to 1975, but since this wicked ol' System of Dinks is still here, then "evidently" the Millenium would start 6,000 years after Eve was created..

I'm beginning to suspect that Adam went "without" for so long he may have cosorted with the Ourangutans!

But, seriously folks.....

It has been 35 years!

Walking around naked for 35 years with all the animal life around you humpin' and stuff.......sheesh....

• Mary
    Mary

Ya, but Adam didn't realize he was nekkid then and apparently didn't have any sexual desire until Eve baby came along. And even then there's no record of him boinking her until after they ate the fruit.

I think this semi-doctrine has basically been abandonned as even the most dedicated Dubs realize that it's absurd to think there was 35 years inbetween the creation of Adam and Eve. I vaguely remember them saying that it took Adam some time to "name all the animals" but you're right----35 years?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They thought they could make it happen by advertising it.

When you think about it it says allot about the psychological health

of the entire organization from the bottom up, all formulated and structured

on the commercialization of literature and the procurement of money.........sick

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Well, they've obviously missed something here. Satan and his demons are still around, knowing they have a short period of time. Aren't they? I mean, which is it - This gem you've mined says otherwise. What a conundrum.

Without Satan and his demons to disturb mankind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit