Memorial talk “we do not dedicate ourselves to an organisation”

by Mattieu 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

Not in the outline , definitely. Often in memorial talks the speaker softens the rhetoric , aware that there are many non-JWs in the audience. The expression he used was a phrase that I used quite regularly in the latter years of being a JW - maybe the speaker has some doubts. The PO picked up on it once & criticised me for it - I mentioned that the WTS had used that phrase in the publications but he told me that it wasn't an expression that the WTS used nowadays. Being dedicated to the organisation is an intrinsic part of a JWs baptism and the identity of a JW , as mentioned in one of the baptism questions and as the WTS have often noted...

w95 3/1p.18. "as a dedicated servant, he did not want to leave Jehovah and his visible organization."

w01 2/15 p. 18 "You might say: ‘I am a dedicated, baptized servant of God, one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Have I not already met those requirements?’ Actually, more is involved than dedicating ourselves to Jehovah. Israel was a dedicated nation, but in Zephaniah’s day the people of Judah were not living up to that dedication. As a result, the nation was eventually cast off. ‘Seeking Jehovah’ today involves developing and maintaining a warm personal relationship with him in association with his earthly organization."

As an experiment , try saying to a few JW friends that you believe very strongly in God , Jesus & the bible but have doubts about the organisation. You will be shunned straight away & a judicial committee will be organised within the week.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

As an experiment , try saying to a few JW friends that you believe very strongly in God , Jesus & the bible but have doubts about the organisation. You will be shunned straight away & a judicial committee will be organised within the week.

I can confirm this is the case. But if you only say it to one person, you'll only get hounded for shepherding, not a JC, because they need to get more witnesses to your "doubts." Once the shepherding elders determine you have doubts, they'll either try to erase them or set up the JC then.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you are dedicated to God and not an organization, then why do they require you to believe in whatever the organization dictates even if it blatantly contradicts their own Bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit