Anyone into martial arts?

by Gregor 6 Replies latest social physical

• Gregor
    Gregor

There are so many disciplines. Judo, Tae Qwan Do, Jujitsu. I have never tried any but heard about a couple of new ones that sound practical for self defense

Feng Shui : Basically you make sure you have a clear path to an exit door so you can run like hell.

Ginsu: You stab your opponent in the chest with a chefs knife.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Aikido

http://aikido.com/

Take care,

Ismael

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I took Tae Qwan Do many years ago, I really liked it, but got pregnant and quit. Always wanted to get back into it but became a JW and that took care of that.

purps

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nugget says I'm quite good at marital arts

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I am familiar with most nothing beats the confidence and quickness that comes from boxing 3 or 4 times a week. If you are intersted in self defense I'd find an MMA gym that has emphasis on "stand up" game. Boxing, kicking, and take downs would be the focus. Tradional martial arts is good for mental sharpness and discipline but each form has it's weakness in a real life situation. MMA will just plain teach you to fight.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I want to learn Krav Maga. Punching, kicking, gouging and shooting. Can't go wrong with that combo.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Mexican Judo...Judon't know If I have a gun.LOL

Actually, my dad taught me judo and boxing before the JW nonsense. I'm glad he did...came in handy a few times. I went to a rough high school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit