Something is up, just got invited back

by Brocephus 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Okay, I have read some posts about new efforts to "reach out" something is up. My elder Dad who entered a "cease fire" with me about a decade ago on the topic of religion reached out for the first time since. He specifically invited me to the KH and bragged about the memorial attendance, the end is surley near....etc.. etc...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sorry to hear that.

My mom still asks if I attended the meeting even though every time my answer is that I will never attend another meeting at the K.H. again. Sometimes it just doesn't sink in after decades of indoctrination. Be thankful you got a decade of peace, bro.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

My response was, I have forgiven the org for screwing my life up. The KH is not the place for me. I have made my own peace and relationship with God. My life is better spent helping others than waiting on the end of the world.

Let's hope this doesn't set anything off. I have enjoyed a great relationship with my Parents for the last few years. At the same time I noticed they are all joining Facebook. What gives?

-Brocephus

• highdose
    highdose

Occasionaly world events like 9/11, 7/7 and the recent earthquakes give them fodder for beliving that their end ( and yours) is near. Give it another year of the big A not happening and it will die down.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

I think the prospect of Single Payer Health care is fueling this... can't say I blame em. LOL

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

When 2012 passes and nothing happens, they will use it as evidence that "the world" doesn't know what it's talking about in regard to the end. When 2014 passes and nothing happens, I hope the cognitive dissonance will become too much for many and they'll leave in droves.

• highdose
    highdose

mad sweeny: that would be a nice thought, but i strongly suspect that by 2014 the old doctrine of 1914 will have been safely buried by the GB. I can see it becoming yet another 1975, where it happened but the GB claim otherwise and the dubs happily nod their empty heads in agreement.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yeah, I've noticed that my wife and the elder she studies with is also looking at the recent earthquakes with fascination. I guess thinking that the new system is near.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I can see them wishing to do that, highdose, but I can't figure out a way they can pull it off. How can they write off 1914 without losing their special appointment a few years later?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well wifey told me after the memorial at the Spanish congregation, that the CO was bragging about all the growth. He had her convinced until I pointed out that the growth is only occuring in the ethnic congregations. I reminded her of all the mergings and closures in the English speaking congregations.

I guess they can still play that card in the foriegn language congregations

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit