What is a true Christian?

by wannabe 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Now, some may ask, who are these "Brothers" that Jesus referres to?

The answer, ALL of us are each others brothers.

Love for Enemies 43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor a and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you: Love your enemies b and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    All I've seen flow ever since 1914 is Blood! A shame isn't it, they wern't loving their enemies then? Maybe Hiroshima and Nagasaki would have been given a break, instead of two Atom Bombs. Lovely loving thing to do wasn't it? By the way to express proper love for God, one must love his neighbor as himself, and OBEY all of God's Commandments.

Look, here, knucklehead. If it weren't for the allies stopping Hitler and the Japanese you wouldn't even be here to preach your sanctemonious drivle. You would be a pile of ashes at the bottom of an oven grate. Hundreds of thousands sacrificed their lives for the likes of you so you could preach your hatefilled nonsense, your hypocritical selfish unbiblical distortion of what the Bible really teaches. The JWs are wrong about everything. I dare you to prove me wrong: http://www.144000.110mb.com/ Name one JW in the past 150 years who sacrificed his or her life for someone else they didn't even know. Just one.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    How, though, did the Title Christian first come into being. We learn that next:

I shall wait with bated breath.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

War and violence are horribel things, but perhaps even more horribel is doing nothing to stop them.

For evil to succed all it takes is for good people to do nothing.

While "evil" may not be the best choice of words, I don't think that there is ANY SANE person can argue with stopping people that are going around trying to kill others and trying to "take over" the world.

To do nothing to save someone when doing something is possible ir a great slap in the face of God.

Of course the JW's have no problem with that, they allow loved ones to die all the time, why should those of the world be treated any different.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    All I've seen flow ever since 1914 is Blood!

And the world was a paradisaic haven of peace and bliss before then.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Good points, PSac.

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who didn't."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jesus understood, better than anyone, the need to fight oppression, to protect the innocent.

Those were things that were a given really when we think about it, it was the other stuff that Jesus knew we needed to work on.

To protect those we love is a natural thing, to risk our lives to protect people we don't know simply because it is the right thing to do, that is unique to the human animal, agape as some call it.

Grace as others call it.

Whatever term you wanna use, it is all about doing what is right with NO NOTION of getting anythign in return.

Accept perhaps a thank you :)

Hopefully.

• The Finger
    The Finger

wannabe,

are you suggesting you might not be a true christian?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

Grace as others call it.
    Whatever term you wanna use, it is all about doing what is right with NO NOTION of getting anythign in return.
    Accept perhaps a thank you :)

It's not about "doing". We can't "do" what is right. It's about faith (believing Grace is a GIFT from GOD)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It looks like a Brainless cut and paste from a Watchtower..

A true Christian would`nt be following the WBT$..

So,now we know your a not Christian..

You could have just said so,without that frigg`in long post..

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit