As a Witness were you allowed to eat Easter eggs AFTER Easter and only if smashed up first??

by Witness 007 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My favourite was a Humpty dumpty full of MM's....but we could only buy them AFTER easter and if we broke them up....my mothers orders.....tonnes of half price eggs after Easter.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Never.

The only easter eggs we were allowed to eat were the ones which came in the Sydney Royal Easter Show bags. I usually ended up with 2 or 3 eggs from the showbags.

Otherwise, no, we never bought easter eggs. And as an adult, I don’t think I bought any until I left the JWs.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I liked Chocolate Bunnies but Mom would never buy the solid ones. It was good that my Dad wasn't into religion when I was a kid.

Here's one of my fave Easter giggles:

Easter Bunny Humour

• blondie
    blondie

That sounds like the excuse to eat ham at Easter (it's on sale) or turkey at Thanksgiving.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Food sacrificed to Idols" is okay right?

• sir82
    sir82

Heck yeah!

Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's day, Easter....the stuff would be 50%, then 75% of, sometimes even 90% off afterward.

My mother is quite obsessive on finding bargains....so we benefited quite nicely on all those "day after" specials.

Not sure why you'd have to break them up pieces first though, we never had to do that.

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Haha! Yes! I forgot all about that! It was such a warm, fuzzy feeling to pick out my 50% off chocolate Easter egg. I would pretend I was allowed to celebrate Easter. My God . . . . I missed out on too much as a kid.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Holiday candy was okay in my house because it got eaten up and disappeared. We didn't keep it on display, though. We bought it and ate it like any other candy, but I was very happy that it WAS holiday candy

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

In our house we always bought deeply discounted post-holiday goods. In fact, I am looking forward to the Monday after easter- I'm buying a bunch of Cadbury chocolate eggs! If a JW objects I would just be like, didn't Paul say that it's not what goes into a man's mouth that defiles, but what comes out?

• linp24
    linp24

Jesus said it also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit