Did you find JW's infecting others just so that they didn't miss a meeting?

by highdose 14 Replies latest jw friends

• The Finger
    The Finger

Yes, what idiots.

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

Sorry but I am not seeing any sort of connection between these individuals being JW's and the choices they make to go to meetings.

One poster even brought up that the WTS discouraged this behavior.

When someone can prove that being a JW is somehow connected to these people making an individual choice to attend meetings when they shouldnt have then there might be some sort of point in this thread.

Otherwise, you people look like a bunch of malcontents looking to attack a group of people with generalizations that have no merit.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I have been out for decades but there were definitely hardcore JWs at my KH that NEVER missed a meeting and they did not believe that anybody should. There were no excuses for them. They came sick and recovering from surgeries and they expected everybody else to do the same. There were a lot of extreme people in the congregation that I attended and they were a complete turnoff to me in my adolescence. I had no respect for them and I did not want to be like them. And I left.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I was raised as a witness and to miss a meeting was only if you had died. I've had elders who have questioned as to whether i've been out of the house as i have not been at meeting due to illness. These are appointed by holy spirit and approved by the bethel.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Goood grief... I was pretty sickly as a child - asthma, and lots of colds/upper respiratory infections... Looking back on it, I realize it was probably a psychosomatic response to the idiocy I was being dragged through...

But when I got 'sick' - even just a little case of sniffles - I hammed it up so dumdum parents thought I was dying or something - and stayed home watching "Lost in Space", or "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", or "Star Trek"...

Of course, the sniffles would come back in force when I heard their car in the driveway...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit