Convention Memories...

by darkl1ght3r 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

I would doze off during an especially boring talk only to be woken up each time the audience applauded.

I didn't remember how awesome it was to do this until you mentioned it--I freaking loved sleeping through the talks and not getting caught, and for some reason I actually liked getting woken up during the applauds--it was kinda like a reminder that I was getting away with it. And when we could get our dad to sit in the highest seats so we didn't freeze to death, all the better--no one behind you to see you nod off.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

“People the Happy Jehovah are!

LOL!!!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Loved the cheese and apple danishes, and the swiss miss vanilla pudding!

During one DC, for some reason all the lights went out, and we spent a couple of hours in darkness, I believe the speaker used a flashlight. They never did tell us what happened.

I also used to wish that the 4 day conventions would come back.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

My most memorable moment was terribly funny (and perhaps "eye opening").

At one convention about three of us guys were listening to the crazed clapping that the speaker was motivating the audience to do with the ever increasing pitch of his speech. Then, after several episodes of thunderous clapping, he says loadly something to the affect that "Satan is the ruler of this System of Things!" and this too is followed by thunderous applause. We just looked at each other scratching our heads. LOL.

HQ

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

Opps...I meant "loudly" not "loadly"

HQ

• ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit

See if anyone can beat my story for how ridiculous it is:

Speaker: Could all youths stand up, all those under the age of 23.

*everyone stands up*

*Brother keeps talking for 7 minutes, so 3/4 of those standing decide his speech has finished and sit down, I join them*

Dad: THE BROTHER DIDN'T SAY IT WAS OKAY TO SIT DOWN!!!!

Me: Errr, everyone else is sitting down?

Dad: IS EVERYONE ELSE GOING TO SAVE YOU AT ARMAGEDDON!!!

*Brother continues to talk about how masturbation would lead to homosexuality and rape, how no one should go to college or else they will snort Cocaine, and how the ministry would make us happy*.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Speaking of clap-happy... I remember those conventions where the auditorium was extremely large, and the speaker would say something that got the audience to clap. Three seconds later, another round of clapping.

The auditorium was so large though that it was like a 'wave', that started on one side and went around the auditorium to the other side... and then back to the point of origin, where it started all over again.

Sometimes it got so bad, that the speaker had to stop, to allow it to die down, only to start again, because he stopped speaking, so it MUST be a clapping-point.

Then you would have that one (or two) clap-happy person(s) that would start clapping (or was it some kid, bored?), and then start the round of clapping once again.

hahahahaha

Regards,

Jim TX

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

You said you shoulda edited down, I think you shoulda added more. That was one of the most truthful and (sadly) hilarious things I ever read. I can guarantee you that 90% of the kids feel the way that you did and the way that I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit