Informal poll...Which Meeting was the most boring for you? Which one did you stop attending first?

by mindmelda 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sherah
    sherah

Definately book study. The rushing home, tired and hungry only sit cramped up in someone's stuffy basement reviewing the material repeatedly drove me nuts. I stopped going to this meeting cold and haven't been back. The TMS suffered the same fate a year later!

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Aude, the only reason I have a "good attitude" about my mother is years of therapy. She's so absolutely rabid about the Witness thing that after my oldest daughter, who is 20, told her she had no desire to ever be a Witness, my mother banned her from visiting her home unless she's allowed to "witness" to her. My daughter laughed and said No deal and hasn't been in her grandmother's home since.

My father is much less hardcore, I think he'd fade if it were up to him, he lost his taste for the whole thing years ago and actually quit attending for 3 years after some really nasty treatment by the elders over some ridiculous issues.

My mother talked him into the Witness thing years ago, and she'll keep beating him into it until she dies,I'm sure. She's relentless, just the sort of self righteous nutball that the Witneses love. She's very infirm and unable to do FS anymore, so she counts time every time she opens her mouth to anyone anymore, except other Witnesses of course.

The Witnesses got to her when she was going through an extreme depression many years back. She's always been somewhat mentally disturbed, and suffered from PTSD after a vicious attack by a serial rapist as a teenager. She got away, but naturally it affected her. She's been looking for the illusion of safety ever since. She thinks she found it with the WTS, sadly enough. She never got professional treatment for her disorder, and that's when they got to her. She'd have never considered being part of something like that before, as she thought all religion was pointless previous to the Witnesses.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I just stopped going to all of them; they were all as interesting as stale dogshit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit