Are you a stay at home mom, working woman with or with out children or a combination of both?

by restrangled 31 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

While I look for a job, my daughter is working full time. It's just she and I in a small apartment. I cook and clean mostly, giving her some much needed time to do school work. We are happy When I go to work, we'll split the work as we feel like it. My mom never felt like she should work inside or outside the home. She was a stay at home housewife and our home looked like packrats had taken over and welfare rejects lived there. It was the most filthy place you could imagine. When she'd make us kids clean it, it was so overwhelming we went into a state of depression and sadness. She has since lost my respect completely. If she didn't want to work outside the home, then she'd better work inside it and become a good roll model for us to follow.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I am a very traditional old fashioned housewive. My hub works I take care of three kids, cook and clean and launder and taxi all day. I make lunches for him, and have dinner ready when he gets home. I keep the house as close to perfect as possible (that is a full time job in itself), and then I do a majority of the raising of our kids, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my role in life, I love taking care of my family, I love taking pride in my home and kids, and find total fullfillment in it. I also work partime form home in the "family business". So I get the best of both worlds. I am very blessed. And very tired

• White Dove
    White Dove

Mama,

That is so nice:) I, too, find fulfillment in being a housewife, as long as something meaningful takes me out of it on a regular basis.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I do have a rule though: even though I love to mow the grass, I wont do it because I have a husband and a teenage son and it just feels weird for me to do that kind of work when they are here. I wont cook on the grill either, I feel like that's a guy thing. I also don't clean the cars or even put gas in my car, I feel like that's a guy thing to. I'm weird like that I guess. Gotta give them something to do for ya! But when he would be gone for 6 months at a time, then I had to do it all, whatever my son didn't do. I just like to see guys do certain things like the yard and grilling and I love the idea of weekend breakfasts TM! And how come all guys know how to make at least one great thing and when they cook it their the King of the World for the day? But we can cook all week long? I love cooking though and always do.

• Think About It
    Think About It

And how come all guys know how to make at least one great thing and when they cook it their the King of the World for the day? But we can cook all week long?

That is soooo true.! I can make my bi-anual potato soup & corn bread and I am the man!

Think About It

• Heaven
    Heaven

Thanks to my upbringing and then being married to a man who not only didn't want children but was abusive to me, I ensured I had a career/job that could support me.

I think that it should be your choice whether you are a stay at home Mom or not. I think it is great that women are now 'allowed' ( ahem... I could get on my high horse about that word but I'll refrain) the choice. We can work at a job outside the home or be stay at home Moms.

I admire women who have the ability to stay at home. I am not sure I could do it. I think I would need something outside for my own sanity...but this is just me.

As for choosing not to have children, well, sometimes the cards we are dealt with in life don't allow for some things. I was not going to bring children into a family where abuse was occurring. Unfortunately, I have missed out on so much. I try not to dwell on this though.

• awildflower
    awildflower

That is soooo true.! I can make my bi-anual potato soup & corn bread and I am the man!

"Bi-anual" makes it that much more special, your playing your cards right!! In my house I get Chili once in a while and it's super good! Haven't had potato soup in forever though.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i work, my wife works.

she helps kids with homework, irons, and does washes.

I cook, wash dishes and fold clothes, i taxi the kids to school

my house is never more than 90% clean, for my children are slobs and there's always playdo or legos somewhere to trip on

• Heaven
    Heaven

Haven't had potato soup in forever though

My Mom used to make an awesome potato soup.

• Heaven
    Heaven

my house is never more than 90% clean, for my children are slobs and there's always playdo or legos somewhere to trip on

DaCheech... sounds wonderful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit