CO visit provides preview of April generation change!

by agent zero 43 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The new "generation" thing is a testament to the vapid and reality-challenged Governing Body. Honestly, I don't understand why they bothered to bring up the subject or what they hope to accomplish by pointing Witless attention to this prophetic failure.

I don't see what the point is. You could have an indefinite number of Witness leaders stretching across indefinite time. How is this supposed to charge up cult members?

metatron

• Terry
    Terry

The passage of time in the earlier passages of Genesis is indicated not by dates but by counts of generations:

Adam lives so many years, fathers a son, and dies at such and such an age. When the ages at each birth of a new generation are added together, the result is the total number of years elapsed from the creation of Adam.

The span between the birth of a child and the birth of that person's own child(when the baby grows up and sires children) is a generation.

A family photo in which a great grandmother, grandmother, mother, daughter and grandchild is portrayed: how many generations are represented?

Five. They all overlap (because all are living at the photo's time of photography). Maximum possible span between great grandmother and great grandchild falls within the lifetime (one lifetime) of the eldest living sire. (Well within a hundred years.)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Aguest/Shelby..

The sad truth is they do "Buy It"..

They have to turn their brain off to do it..

It`s a forced sale..Buy or Leave..

I`ve had Elders tell me.."If the WBT$ says this Red book is Blue..Then it`s Blue"..

There is no thinking involved..Only obedience to the WBT$..

Even to a Lie..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

I wonder why he didn't just begin with the Apostle John, then Polycarp, Irenaeus, Tertullian, etc.

I mean what's the difference?

Sylvia

• JeffT
    JeffT

the very very very NEWEST information

Not to worry. In a couple of years or so this will be replaced by the "very very very VERY newest information."

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Its ok I ll wait for the next change in the definition which will happen in another 30 years.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Baa-aa. Baaaaaaaaa!

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

This C.O. may not be a true believer anymore. Perhaps he's trying to wake people up in his own way.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    This C.O. may not be a true believer anymore. Perhaps he's trying to wake people up in his own way.

That's just crazy enough to work. I would think if he were going through all the names of famous dubs that he was making a subtle use of irony.

• flipper
    flipper

It's just really creepy to see the stoned faced expressions of witnesses sitting there whose minds are so blitzed by " cult mind control" that actually - they aren't even LISTENING anymore ! I mean the tone of the meetings and assemblies are so monotonous - a speaker could say in a monotone " To get to the paradise we must murder our family " - and I actually think many JW's would buy into it - because it will go in one ear and out the other. Their minds have been so drained and critical thinking ability sucked out from their skulls so drastically - WT society has ultimate control over them !

The only ones who will perk their ears up to this new " generation " view are witnesses who are being mistreated due to injustices, or have been doing OUTSIDE research on their own already on the internet in a secret fashion. The other witnesses who ONLY access WT literature will just be led along like sheep to the slaughter. Hopefully- not literally like the Jim Jones cult - but I wouldn't put it past the WT society, believe me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit