Hourly Pay Rates

by palmtree67 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Self-employed bookkeeper. I charge $25 per hour. I'm in my 3rd year of accounting degree. If I graduate and get a CGA designation, I can charge $150.00 and hour and pay someone like me to do all the work for $20. Ain't accounting grand?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

ps: I agree with you Blue Canary. Child care, done well, is difficult and demanding and should pay more. Unfortunately it has to be cost effective for other parents to hire childcare otherwise they would do better to stay home.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    ps: I agree with you Blue Canary. Child care, done well, is difficult and demanding and should pay more. Unfortunately it has to be cost effective for other parents to hire childcare otherwise they would do better to stay home.

Right. I just read that in other countries, universal, voluntary preschool is available and subsidized by their governments. In the US, we just don't place that much importance on it. Parents are left to find what they can afford and children get bounced through a network of family, sitters and center care--which isn't good for their cognitive and emotional development.

But I digress.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Management Consultant - $45 (US) when I have work- no benefits.

• Scott77
    Scott77

My first job after graduation, I was earning $18hr for entry level for a Mental Health Counselor Job. I had to quiet that job after a year for another job. My recent 2010 IRS Filing shows I earned $43,500.00 Gross for a single filer. Now Iam a recent laid off.Planning to return to grad school. It should be noted that non profit human service agencies depends mostly on federal and state funding to cater to the hundreds of mental health consumers.In the event of economic instability like the recently recession, their source of funding are either reduced or in some instances,outrightly eliminated. This affects staffing to a large extend.

• tec
    tec

I waitress for 8.80 an hour. Minimum wage in Alberta. My tips bring me up to between $25-35 an hour, but I only work a few hours over lunch while the kids are in school.

Hubby makes 40 an hour plus overtime as a welder. If he works all year, he brings in 120K. Last year, he was laid off a lot, which meant hard times. But we're finally getting back on our feet.

Tammy

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Nurse, $21.00 with shift diff I can get that up to around $32 with nights and weekends.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

self employed restoring classic american cars i charge out $35 an hour work from home.

wife, aged care worker on $21 an hour as a casual, $17 if permanant.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

aSphereisnotaCircle, me too. I'm a massage therapist in Las Vegas, the legit kind. The spa pays about $40-50 per hour of treatment plus tips. It has been more quiet in the past couple years w the economy , but seems to be picking up some.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Engineer in the IT field. Practically self employed at the moment. Have a few contracts that average me 45-50$/hr at a full time basis. No benefits, of course :-(...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit