Losing the war on Facebook

by Brocephus 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

The PO in my wife's congregation has an account.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Check the newest Facebook page they have. "Pink songbook" Totally off! I'd like to leave a "real" reply there.

HappyDad

• sabastious
    sabastious
    How long will it be before the Borg launches their own social networking site? That would be the logical thing and then they could tell everyone to shutdown their facebook accounts because the faithful and discreet slave had lovingly provided a way for Jehovah's people to stay in touch.

HAH! That would be a good idea... except the Governing Body NEVER had those.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I think maybe I'm in a laid back hall or area of the U.S., but tons of dubs in my hall and nearby halls are on it, Elders, MS's, Pioneers, even a PO and his wife, etc etc. some use it for small talk & posting pics and others probably count their time (sad to say) because they post scriptures, and their own version of the 'bible highlights' lol. what a joke!

It'll be interesting to see what happens if the WT comes down really hard on it, and makes 'official' rules on social networking sites (although I doubt they will)

but...based on Sir82s post about the new school happening for Elders, I bet we won't see them anymore on FB as of Dec 2010. Then the villifiing talks will start!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Just to add, previously, FaceBook had a strong privacy feature that enabled members to hide completely from public view. The recent new upgrades removes this to limit it to friends, or friends of friends. Unless your picture is not posted and true name is not used, everyone now is visible to public search. Recently, I have seen old university friends, room mates, class mates, village mates, adding me in large numbers. For me, I am happy I have nothing to fear from the Watchtower, I feel good for my new found freedom.

Scott77

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I was contacted to be a Facebook friend by a inactive JW. I was surprised, because I was sure she had heard of our "story" and the letter we sent out to all JWs we knew..and were disfellowshipped. Before I accepted her friendship I looked at her friends. She has tonsof very active JWs in this area as friends too...people who refuse to acknowledge us...of course we are evil "apostates".

Anyhow...I private messaged her and told her that she was likely to get alot of crap or even in trouble with the elders if she had me as a friend. She said she did not care! Her dad is even an elder, and she has him on there as a friend. So I accepted her. She was contacted by several JWs and she was told we were "dangerous"...yea...that we might tell her the truth about the truth..LOL!! However, she told them that that was between me and Jehovah and was none of her business. She used to openly comment on my remarks, now she doesn't, probably because she has recieved alot of crap for having me on there, but she keeps me as a friend anyway. Through her I can see all the ofhter JWs that are her frhends. THere are tons of elders and pioneers etc..from this area on there. It does surprise me! There is even another disfellowshipped person she has as a friend...

I do think that Facebook will become a huge target for the Governing Body, as it gives too many JWs easy acess to disfellowshipped ones or apostates...

I think its funny....

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit