Dawkins Says Pope Ratzi Should NOT Resign

by cofty 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cofty
    cofty

From The Washington Post

A leering old villain in a frock, who spent decades conspiring behind closed doors for the position he now holds; a man who believes he is infallible and acts the part; a man whose preaching of scientific falsehood is responsible for the deaths of countless AIDS victims in Africa; a man whose first instinct when his priests are caught with their pants down is to cover up the scandal and damn the young victims to silence: in short, exactly the right man for the job....

• White Dove
    White Dove

What happened to Pope Benedict the whatever number?

Edit: Just looked it up. Never mind.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Didn't the pope make some remark endorsing the JW's since his cousin is a JW?

http://jwworldnews.blogspot.com/2005/08/new-pope-jw.html

• Gopher
    Gopher

Religious institutions like the Catholic church and the WT Society who claim they are the representatives of a holy God to mankind bring themselves under extra scrutiny, and rightly so. If you claim the infallibility of your teachings and yet allow child molestation, your religion deserves public scorn. Child molestation is the rotten, meanest most low-down behavior any adult or young adult can perpetrate. It's plain revolting and saddening.

Dawkins has a point. The resignation of religious leaders (whether the pope or the Watchtower governing body) will not change their corrupt system.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Pat Condell, shy as ever. . .

Is Satan a Catholic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKg4HLsu5gE

• dgp
    dgp

Marked.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

good one Leavingwt

He does tell the truth in a very abrupt unreserved way

I cant say I disagree with him on this topic

It was recently stated in a news journal program that the US is the only country

where a priest caught sexual abusing children can no longer practice as a priest.

Others countries do not have this legal policy in place, a matter a fact some priests

who were caught in the states actually got transfered to places in South America and elsewhere.

• wobble
    wobble

Could we get Pat Condell to do a video on the WTB$ ? To plagiarise something he said "If you can't get comedy out of the WT, you won't get it out of anything"

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I watch all Pat Condell's videos. He tells it like it is.

I made a few remarks about the Catholic inquisition on the thread asking if the Pope should resign.

I held back from making the connection with Hitler, the Catholic church, and the killing of Jews, not wanting to get too far off topic. Good old Pat has made it for me.

• Clam
    Clam

Thanks for posting the Dawkins article. Great stuff!

"No, Pope Ratzinger should not resign. He should remain in charge of the whole rotten edifice - the whole profiteering, woman-fearing, guilt-gorging, truth-hating, child-raping institution - while it tumbles, amid a stench of incense and a rain of tourist-kitsch sacred hearts and preposterously crowned virgins, about his ears."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit