Validity of JW Baptism

by maputo95 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• only me
    only me

Thank you for clarifying that for me Gopher

• White Dove
    White Dove

The Assemblies of God churches do say the 3 at the water, then they dunk you. They also ask about your acceptance of Jesus as your savior and you being a sinner in need of a savior. Very Biblical and nice.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Have any of you been 're-baptised' (1), WatchTower Society / Bible ...

My Jehovers Witness Baptism- (1), Jehovah's Witnesses / Friends ...

The bible say to believe and be baptised Mark 16:16 Acts 8:12 Acts 18:8

However, JWs cannot "believe on the Lord Jesus" Philippians 1:29, 1 Timothy 1:16 , Acts 16:31, Acts 19:4, 1 Peter 1:8 , 1 John 3:23 as they have a false Jesus.

Neither are JWs saved as the new baptismal questions reflect, salvation and redemption having been totally removed from the statements.

It is interesting to see that none of the baptismal confessions ever professed faith in Jesus, which is central to salvation.

What is also apparent is that the JW professes to be in association with the WT, not Jesus. Unfortunately for JWs, there is only one mediator with God and it is not the WT 1 Timothy 2:5

Blessings,

Stephen

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I was 11.I dont remember much except that I had on a cool new bathing suit.

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

This may rub against the grain, but I was baptised in 1983 by the Jehovah`s Witnesses, as I understand it at thet time one was baptised "in the name of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit".

I was never bapatised into the CoE as an infant, so I view my JW baptism as valid.

All though I have been DF/Da`d from the Witnesses for 20 years, I view that public baptism as valid.

I trust that God knows who`s who, whatever outward display a person makes, and if (as I do) you view salvation as not being earned, but given through God`s grace, then I don`t feel the need to have a dunk with a mainstrem church

Just my personal view.

Loads of Love

Paul Uk

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

zzaphod wrote "I was never baptised as an infant, so I view my JW baptism as valid."

I do not understand this statement. Are you suggesting that infant baptisms are invalid? In the book of Acts there are many examples of folks being baptised. 'he and his whole household' If you had an infant in your household and you were getting baptised, ofcourse, you'd baptise your infant too, right?. Any family member in my household [and yours] would be included, wouldn't they?

dc

• agonus
    agonus

You know what, I never even thought about this, but I was JW-baptized in 1995 and I have absolutely NO CLUE what, if anything, was said by the fellow who dunked me!

• agonus
    agonus

I was Catholic-infant-baptized as well - 'course, being only a couple weeks old, I have no way of knowing what that guy said either...

Talk about irony! Two baptisms, one involuntary, the other (cough, ahem) "voluntary"... and zero idea what was said at either.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I think the JW baptism including my own is totally invalid as i was not baptised into the real Christ.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Baptisims are symbolic.

Symbolic of the "washing away" of past life and emerging into a new life, with Christ as your lord and saviour.

How it is done is irrelevant, its importance is, well, base don the individual participating in it.

Water baptisim is simply the "external" Baptisim, the crucial one is the Baptisim in the HS, the baptisim in "spirt" and "fire".

I don't think what the JW's do can be construde as a "traditionla" Baptisim, that are NOT baptised in the the name of the Father, Son and HS, they are NOT baptized by the spirit of the HSm theirs is one of Organization ritual.

Jesus commanded all to be Baptised in the Name of the Father, Son and HS and NOTHING and NO ONE else, period.

Baptisim shoudl eb done when the person has been touhed by the HS and the HS has become one of them, how does one knwo this?

Paul has the answer:

Only through the HS can one believe and say that Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour, that he died and was ressurected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit