Ladies- did you treat the assemblies like a fashion show?

by JimmyPage 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Was the major draw for you being able to wear a new dress? Or to put your kids in cute little outfits?

Surely it wasn't the mind-numbing talks.

• dissed
    dissed

As usual, another good question....

Dressing good was important for her. But for me, purchasing a new tie was an exciting event. New tie = sexy

Truthfully, we were more concerned with the restaurants we were eating at in the evenings.

• dissed
    dissed

Appropiate dress for JW's at conventions, as portrayed in the 'Peoples edition of the Watchtower'

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/mao/images/unk-study.jpg

• blondie
    blondie

It was the only way you could justify buying new clothes. If you were a single sister, it was one way to present the best package.... You can't be buying a new dress for every meeting, but with assemblies and conventions that made six new outfits a year. Then you could merge these outfits with the older ones, retire a couple, and rotate them. Don't forget the memorial either, make that a seventh outfit and some would buy a new outfit for the Sunday meeting of the CO visit.

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

When I was a single teen, yes the girls and I would walk around and around. Usually seeking out brothers we already knew we liked. I was pretty shy, but I remember getting a kick out of my friends telling me when someone was checking me out.

In fact my husband was one of the guys I seeked out at the convention. We hadn't seen each other in a year or so and It was so amazing when we made eye contact. That was it, we have been together since.

Now that I am older, I get a kick out of the teens. They are so oblivious to the older ones around them, unless they are one of kids that have been so sheltered that they are awkard.

We went to the convention last year, I dressed my best, but I did not buy a new outfit or wear crazy high heels. I have two kids to keep up with. LOL.

• spawn
    spawn

When working on the parking at the District Cons it was sad to see these single sisters looking for a husband, wearing as little as possible showing as much flesh without looking cheap. You see the same thing in the world on friday and saturday nights in citys across the world.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I don't remember anything positive about the assemblies. I had a nightmare about one recently and I've been out for decades.

Same here, Scarred. I used to dread the assemblies; the best day was the last day, right after the final prayer. I was always so happy when they were over. Dodger Stadium in the summertime, with blazing sun, listening to WTBTS programming was not exactly something kids looked forward to.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yeah, I remember Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium. Talk about HOT! 90+ degrees. Sweltering humidity. Horrible memories.

• dissed
    dissed

144001 - Dodger Staduim?

Now that was a fashion show.

But as my buddy used to say. The Tribulation would have nothing on enduring a Dodger Stadium Convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit