V's memorial teaser - its time to get busy with your email campaigns :-)

by besty 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

So V is alive and well? Haven't seen hide nor hair of him in eons.

Thanks for posting the article. Tell V we miss him and his videos.

-Aude.

• besty
    besty

he would post here himself if Simon or Angharad could fix his password issue - oh well.

• dozy
    dozy

Hurrah - V returns!

"he would post here himself if Simon or Angharad could fix his password issue - oh well."

Why doesn't he change his username - V the 2nd or something. Good article. It is a bizarre ritual - passing the emblems but not drinking or eating them. The touching of the glass has become a curious addition to the whole process , especially now the speaker & partakers need to be deliberately "served".

• teel
    teel

While still active I was one of the servers. An old sister in my cong gave me quite a scare, when I gave her the bread, she picked one up. I just didn't know what to do: should I grab it out of her hands? She was obviously not annointed, so what am I supposed to do? Noone told me what should I do...

Then she smelled it and put it back... Weird old lady, giving me the scare...

It is only now that I realise how judgemental I was, deciding she can't be annointed.

• jambon1
    jambon1

I never, ever got the whole thing about the attendants passing it to each other at the front of the hall. So, so pointless & silly. In actual fact, a very zealous old sister brought this to my attention.

• kashkrunched
    kashkrunched

Christians are not the first to have a sacred meal to their god. Mithras' faithful celebrated a sacred meal with their God. So did followers of Adonis, Attis, Osiris, and other Pagan Gods of the Mystery Religions. New members of the Mysteries of Isis and Osiris completed their initiation with a sacramental meal.

Here's how the Catholic Encyclopedia describes the Pagan Eucharists of the Mystery Religions:

"[There was usually the meal of mystic foods— grains of all sorts at Eleusis, bread and water in the cult of Mithra, wine (Dionysus), milk and honey (Attis), raw bull's flesh in the Orphic Dionysus-Zagreus cult." [The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume XI, Paganism]

Jehovah's Witnesses pride themselves in being separate from Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots and idolotrous worship. However, they've tricked themselves into honoring and ancient, pagan feast.

• teel
    teel

kashkrunched nice find, and welcome to the forum. All that has unclean origin must be avoided right? Also worth mentioning that the passing around of "Jesus' body and blood" is found in one more ritual besides JWs memorial: in the satanist black mass.

• Chalam
    Chalam

An interesting read, thanks for posting besty :)

Why not just leave the wine and bread on the table and let the anointed come up?

You have missed the point of "the Memorial". It is designed to make sure everyone rejects the gift.

John 6:53 (New International Version)

53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome kashkrunched!

Blessings,

Stephen

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Nicely put.

Sent 6 e-mails out.

Who knows what another drop of water will do to the