JW's say Worldly People are Better Off DEAD

by UnDisfellowshipped 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

All of my post did not take and I cannot edit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** w56 7/1 p. 401 par. 18 What Dedication Means to Me ***So each one of you undedicated persons has today the same freedom to choose, a choice of life or death. If you deliberately refuse to dedicate yourself to Jehovah God in this judgment day of his in which we now are living,your life will end at Armageddon, if not before, as a condemned sinner without right to life and even without hope of a resurrection.

CHANGED

At one time the WTS taught that from 1914 to when the "great tribulation" broke out was a judgment period or a judgment day and non-jws who died during this period would not be resurrected but would descend into Gehena, everlasting destruction. They "reasoned" that the sheep and goats were being identified and separated since 1914. Of course, that teaching changed in 1995 when the WTS started teaching that the sheep and goats would be separated shortly after the great tribulation started and thus 1914 to now was not a judgment day or period during which people were being identified as goats worthy of eternal destruction. They had compared this time to the flood and Sodom and Gomorrah, periods during which people died and had no hope of a resurrection.

With this change in WTS doctrine, it became beneficial then to die as a non-jw before Armageddon, their resurrection into the paradise was assured.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

*** w56 7/1 p. 401 par. 18 What Dedication Means to Me ***So each one of you undedicated persons has today the same freedom to choose, a choice of life or death. If you deliberately refuse to dedicate yourself to Jehovah God in this judgment day of his in which we now are living, your life will end at Armageddon, if not before, as a condemned sinner without right to life and even without hope of a resurrection.

CHANGED

*** w95 10/15 p. 22 par. 22 How Will You Stand Before the Judgment Seat? ***Does this parable apply when Jesus sat down in kingly power in 1914, as we have long understood? Well, Matthew 25:34 does speak of him as King, so the parable logically finds application since Jesus became King in 1914. But what judging did he do soon thereafter? It was not a judging of "all the nations." Rather, he turned his attention to those claiming to make up "the house of God." (1 Peter 4:17) In line with Malachi 3:1-3, Jesus, as Jehovah’s messenger, judicially inspected the anointed Christians remaining on earth. It was also time for judicial sentence on Christendom, who falsely claimed to be "the house of God." (Revelation 17:1, 2; 18:4-8) Yet nothing indicates that at that time, or for that matter since, Jesus sat to judge people of all the nations finally as sheep or goats.

If we analyze Jesus’ activity in the parable, we observe him finally judging all the nations. The parable does not show that such judging would continue over an extended period of many years, as if every person dying during these past decades were judged worthy of everlasting death or everlasting life.It seems that the majority who have died in recent decades have gone to mankind’s common grave. (Revelation 6:8; 20:13) The parable, though, depicts the time when Jesus judges the people of "all the nations" who are then alive and facing the execution of his judicial sentence.

In other words, the parable points to the future when the Son of man will come in his glory. He will sit down to judge people then living. His judgment will be based on what they have manifested themselves to be. At that time "the distinction between a righteous one and a wicked one" will have been clearly established. (Malachi 3:18) The actual pronouncing and executing of judgment will be carried out in a limited time. Jesus will render just decisions based on what has become evident about individuals.—See also 2 Corinthians 5:10.

Understanding the parable of the sheep and the goats in this way indicates that the rendering of judgment on the sheep and the goats is future. It will take place after "the tribulation" mentioned at Matthew 24:29, 30 breaks out and the Son of man ‘arrives in his glory.’ (Compare Mark 13:24-26.)

---------------------------------------

At one time the WTS taught that from 1914 to when the "great tribulation" broke out was a judgment period or a judgment day and non-jws who died during this period would not be resurrected but would descend into Gehena, everlasting destruction. They "reasoned" that the sheep and goats were being identified and separated since 1914. Of course, that teaching changed in 1995 when the WTS started teaching that the sheep and goats would be separated shortly after the great tribulation started and thus 1914 to now was not a judgment day or period during which people were being identified as goats worthy of eternal destruction. They had compared this time to the flood and Sodom and Gomorrah, periods during which people died and had no hope of a resurrection.

With this change in WTS doctrine, it became beneficial then to die as a non-jw before Armageddon, their resurrection into the paradise was assured.

Blondie

• Heaven
    Heaven

This is another of their teachings that didn't jive with me. I watched my grandfather (a non-JW) look after my ailing grandmother (also a non-JW) who had Alzheimers. This is a very difficult thing to do.

I could never agree that my grandparents were unworthy of eternal life. They were wonderful people.

Also, if this is 'truth' then my now aging Father would have no family to look after him. I am the only one doing that. Would it be better off for my Dad for me to be dead? I really don't think so.

• carla
    carla

Thanks for the quotes Blondie!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is precisely the kind of reasoning that leads so many of them to sacrifice their children. A few actually kill their babies (and I wonder if this thought is running through their minds while they are doing that). More of them simply let their children die because they cannot get a needed blood transfusion. It also makes no sense to do field circus if those ignorant of "the truth" would survive or get resurrected, but those hearing it and not obeying "the truth" as they are taught will get destroyed or no resurrection.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

WTWizard,

Where do you get the idea that witnesses let their children die just so they can be in the resurrection?

Secondly, the answer to your theory about the lack of necessity to do “field circus” as you call it is not logical by witness teachings, because of the scripture they use which talks about a warning work and the “bloodguilt” which would result if the person knew of a calamity befalling others and he did not warn them.

• JuliG
    JuliG

is it true that only those Witnesses that make it through Armageddon will be allowed to be married and have sex, children, etc? Doesn't that make a class of humans that are eunichs in the new system? Kind of chilling when you think about it....

• VM44
    VM44

Again....What good does a "resurrection" do to the original?

Why should the original person have ANY EXPECTATION of experiencing the sensations of a body created in the future? Why?

Can a JW, or even The Watchtower, answer that?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here is an interesting quote which has to do with our topic here:

Our Kingdom Ministry, September 1992:

What will you do if an attorney or a judge asks you why you are refusing a “lifesaving” transfusion for your child? Although your first inclination might be to explain your belief in the resurrection and express your strong faith that God will bring your child back if he dies, such an answer by itself may do no more than convince the judge, whose paramount concern is the physical welfare of the child, that you are a religious fanatic and that he must step in to protect your child.

So, here is the belief that God will resurrect children when they die, so a JW parent can just allow the child to die instead of have a blood transfusion.

• aqwsed12345
    aqwsed12345

144,000 - Do only 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses go to heaven? This paper begins with a brief summary of the Jehovah's Witnesses' beliefs. It then examines several areas of interest with respect to that religion's false teachings, such as, a) whether only 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses go to heaven to rule over earthly subjects and the Great Crowd, b) whether Christ's Second Coming occurred in 1914, and whether Jesus began ruling over God's kingdom in 1914 but received only a subsidiary share of that kingdom, c) whether the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31:31-34 is limited to only God, Jesus and the 144,000 and whether that eternal covenant lasts only 2,000 years, d) whether resurrected man can be perfected through their educational salvation program during the thousand year reign, e) whether man is not judged for deeds committed during this life but only those committed during the 1,000 year reign, f) whether the first resurrection began in 1918, g) whether Jesus Christ is actually dispensed with after the millennial reign, and much more.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/index.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit