"No one should ... be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

by easyreader1970 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I stumbled across this in the July 2009 Awake! on page 29 in the article called "Is It Wrong to Change Your Religion?"

The full quote is as follows:

No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.

It is this type of statement from the Watchtower that makes me disrespect them. This is the worst kind of deceit because people's lives are involved. This is exactly the position that they put Jehovah's Witnesses if they join and later decide that they want no parts of the religion.

I want to believe that the men at the top of the Watchtower pyramid are just misguided and confused. But to put something like this in print is nothing short of hypocritical.

er

• easyreader1970
  • Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

It's evil.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thanks! I copied and pasted the source and quote to send to any of my family members if they get testy with me.

• donuthole
    donuthole

It's been discussed here before, but, yes this is a very interesting statement that anyone who has been a JW knows is not true. My personal guess is that it was to try to diffuse the legal situation in Russia.

• Gopher
    Gopher

My parents are very loyal to the JW's, which mean they talk to me as little as possible.

I wrote them last year to ask their opinion of this part of the article. Guess what? They didn't answer me! (Their head must be hurting from all the cognitive dissonance.)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooo, yeah, that article was being discussed months [our ex-JW support group here in Colorado heard about it in February or March 2009...] before the "Awake" actually hit the Magazine rooms in the KHs...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/175474/1/Awake-July-2009

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/175332/1/New-Video-on-the-July-2009-Awake

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i posted that quote on my facebook.... i have a few jw's and family that are on my facebook that have shunnnnnnnned me so wanted to wake them up

• man in black
    man in black

what,,, where... why ???

my brain just literally stopped when I read the statement. Unbelivable

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are not misled or confused. They know that, by putting this in print in a public journal, they can get outsiders to view them favorably. It means that, if someone is of another religion other than Jehovah's Witlesses, religion should not get in the way while they are transitioning to Jehovah's Witlesses. They blame family members that do not want to become witlesses for the trouble it causes. All the while, they want everyone in the family to become witlesses. Anyone holding out is blamed for the trouble.

And then, once everyone is in the witlesses, should one of them realize that it is a scam or simply need time out (or break one of their many rules, some of which are not revealed until after they are baptized or were made up after the fact), they will do exactly what they bash other religions for. This is a blatant bait and switch--that judges allow this kind of blatant fraud and will not award people huge amounts of money shows just how corrupt the judges are. It also shows that the religion will happily bash other religions and then do exactly the same thing. Which is hypocrisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit