I have a touchy situation...could use some advice

by tenyearsafter 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If she knows you're out, then why not offer to drive her to the memorial, pick her up fterwards an take her out to eat afterwards?

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Id say go...and dont participate like at ALL. When JWs go to churches for wedding they are told they cannot participate in the proceedings so just sit there. Dont hold a bible. Dont sing songs...just be there. Thats all you agree to.

• flipper
    flipper

TEN YEARS AFTER- Since your mom is 80 - I would go just to appease her. No sense in stirring up the pot at this late date in her life. Like someon said, it's only an hour , I know it's like Chinese water torture, but to keep a relationship with your mom - yeah, I'd do it

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Thanks again for all of your comments...I really appreciate your thoughtful (and sometimes very funny) comments and input. I am still mulling this one over, but I am leaning toward thanking her for her invitation and pass. I say this for a number of reasons...I have been DF'ed for 15 years, so this is not new to her. She has pretty much ignored the "rule" of cutting me off, so I am hoping this wouldn't make her start following the "rules" after 15 years. Last, but not least, I think she is playing the master manipulation game in throwing this one out there this year. I am still torn, but I really don't like the idea of being guilted into going and being treated like I don't exist the whole time I am there.

Again, thanks to all of you for the great advice!

P.S. - My wife suggested that she would go if my Mom would go to church with her on Easter...fat chance of that invitation being accepted!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit