The Best Way to Stop a Jehovah's Witness In Their Tracks

by sabastious 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sabastious, you said, "It is extremely complex if you want to have them even begin to understand your stance and even possibly see where you are coming from. You will never sway a JW, but it is possible to help them see that your position is valid and that it is impossible to judge where people will be after the "JW Armageddon..."

Actually, as Moshe pointed out above, it wasn't the long, involved explanations that got me thinking - but then, as I've posted elsewhere, I was NEVER a "good little Jehovah's Witness girl" - it was the scripture at Exodus 19: 16-19 that CLEARLY describes a volcano erupting, but the Isra-EL-ites and their 'god' had NO CLUE as to the real nature of the mountain... Which I first noticed when I was 7 - 8...

It was the guy at the door when I was 12, who told me, "Those people are using you!" When I asked him to explain further, the adult sister accompanying me gave him the 'evil' eye, and he just repeated himself to me once more, and shut the door. I almost hammered on the door, but that blasted sister kept me from finding out more...

As others have pointed out, most JWs don't know the bible that well; they're fed a bunch of carefully-manufactured sales pitches with just a 'dab' of scripture... To make them feel 'righteous'... So long, involved biblical explanations won't work very well...

Ya just never know what might work... Someone might even respond to the "I'm a devil-worshipper" comment...

Zid

• sabastious
    sabastious
    JW's probably won't really listen to that discussion

They are few and far between. But it's all we got at this point. We're in for the long haul to combat cult mind control. One reasonable slice of logic at a time :)

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

it would be nice to be able to have a dialouge with one-but they are so terrified to listen.most avoid us like the plague.,

• wobble
    wobble

Hey Seb !

I certainly hope you get the chance for such a convo. with just one Witless. As with the old D to D work, if you can start a convo. you are away, whatever direction it takes.

If I wanted to stop a J.W in their tracks,apart from the Outlaw method LOL, I might try saying " give me just one piece of proper, testable, evidence, that stands up to scrutiny and reason, that there is a God."

I don't think that would stop them, but it might start them talking, I would then be able to plant alot of seeds of doubt.

love

Wobble

• blondie
    blondie

JW: Hey, I heard that you are not a witness anymore

You: That is correct

End of conversation, you have just da'd yourself; and if you are already da'd or df'd it is highly unlikely any jw would be talking to you if they were aware of that.

• streets76
    streets76

This is easy.

Ask this one question: "Do you believe the WTS is inspired and/or directed by Jehovah?"

If the answer is yes, the follow-up question is, "Then why have the WTS prophecies down through the years (1914, 1925, 1975, etc.) been so consistently wrong?"

If the answer is no, the follow-up question is, "So why would you belong to an organization you admit is not inspired and/or directed by Jehovah, and in addition, has been consistently wrong with their prophecies down through the years?"

• ziddina
    ziddina

After reading Blondie's latest WT study post, "Finding your place in the congregation"... http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/187544/1/Blondies-Comments-You-Will-Not-Hear-at-the-1-17-10-WT-Study-PLACE-IN-CONGREGATION

I've come up with two more ways...

One: Focus on the skewed gender numbers in the organization... "So, how many men do you have in your congregation, as opposed to women? [their eyes may glaze over; prompt them - "More women than men?"...] So, if this is the divine organization of a male 'god', why do the women outnumber the men by such great numbers???"

I'm basing the next one on this quote from AllTimeJeff: "This is crap. There is no such thing as the faithful and discreet slave with Jehovah's Witnesses. Only their now capitalized since 1971 Governing Body. (formerly, the governing body.) This is actually a useful propaganda tool for the GB to keep the attention off them. It makes them appear humble, as they hide behind the nearly over 9000 who partake at the memorial each year....'

Two: "It's a "faithful and discrete slave class that rules your religion?? How many are there??" [wait for it...] "So, do they all mail in their opinions to the headquarters, where a consensus is taken? [or...] So, do they all [9,000 - 10,000] discuss it among themselves, and then come to a decision?"

• PSacramento
  • rocky220
    rocky220

For me, it has always been short and simple......"I'm an ex-JW with no regrets!" Boy, it works every time!!!! rocky220

• sabastious
    sabastious

@blondie - it's possible to get DA'ed with a convo like this, albeit very possible. But I made a pact with myself that I will never fear being DF'ed or DA'ed. If I get into a judicial commitee then I will have a similar converstaion with the elders.

I'm on a mission to find free thinkers among my old people, exiled or not :) with Reason as my weapon. So far I have managed to send two letters to my family with similar tone to the OP and have not got myself DA'ed or DF'ed yet. My hopes grow every day :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit