Sunday Dinner with linen tablecloth and coconut cake

sassafras tea from fresh bark

kudzu

Paula Dean

mojo luck bag

fixin's

• undercover
    undercover

Sitting in a rocker on the porch at Granny's house with a glass of ice tea as a thunderstorm rolls in on a hot day and you can feel the breeze pick up and smell the rain before it comes and the temps drop to a pleasant 70 degrees as the dark clouds cover the land and lightening flashes across the sky.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Sorry Rubadub, you're right.

Really anything fried. Every year at the state fair of Texas they fry something. Twinkies, snickers. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before they fried butter.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Polk salad

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Jerry Clower

Brother Dave Gardner

(may they rest in peace, dear hearts)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Restrangled, a lady told me something very cute about her 3-year old g'daughter and "last nerve." She said she told her g'daughter, "you have gotten on my last nerve!" The little one looked at her and asked curiously in total innocence, "Granny, how many nerves do you have?"

Cameo, you headin' to N'awlins?

UC, that's a powerful description.

DL, fried butter???

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Jerry Clower

The Ledbetters.

We listened to his stories at work one time, and laughed ourselves hysterical.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover
    UC, that's a powerful description.

It's one of my fondest memories as a kid spending some summers at my Granny's way out in the country. Her house faced W/NW and you could see most T-storms coming. I loved watching storms roll in from the front porch.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Fighting.

Word.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit