Finally feeling it. Anger.

by SPAZnik 12 Replies latest jw friends

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Anger. I'm finally feeling it. Yay!! Was starting to wonder.

Anger for lies. Anger for time lost. Anger for compound ripple effects.

It sucks of course. Not fun all the time. But feels like a key part of the process to work through.

I used to have some of my own rationale for demonizing natural emotions like anger.

Now I'm experiencing it as all a part of the healthy human experience.

Each emotion has a gift, I have been recently learning. Here are a few:

Sadness = healing

Fear = wisdom

Resistance = protection

Anger = strength

Shame = humility

Embrace each feeling, even the uncomfortable ones, and get the gifts. :)

There ae only 4 things we can do with feelings. Talk them out (share them), somotize them (turn them in on ourselves which leads to health problems etc), project them onto others (aim them at the wrong person place or thing), or act them out. Only the first is healthy.

Wanted to share. :)

I hope you will benefit.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

It is true, we don't grow and change without experiencing uncomfortable, sometimes painful, feelings. They remind us we are alive and that life is a challenge, at times a fight.

Clinical depressed people do not feel anger until they start to recover.

• nugget
    nugget

Anger is an important emotion in that it is active not passive. When you feel the anger it motivates you to break free. At the moment I am feeling the anger too.

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's all about the healing process. Don't bottle up your emotions.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I'm with Sacolton. I felt a lot of anger while reading "Crisis of Conscience" even though Ray is not an angry person. Then it turned to pity for the deluded fools. The books about Zen living I've been reading agree that you should allow yourself to feel each emotion fully as it comes. It seems to help speed you along to the next natural step.

• dgp
    dgp

And think in the long-term, too. Anger is OK, just don't get carried away and avoid doing something you could regret later.

The good thing, SPAZNik, is that you're free. You can feel the anger because you're no longer where you used to be. That matters as well.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

CofC made me CRY and also hot with anger! Not that I was angry with RFranz for what he said, but I was angry that what he said was TRUE and that it was so plain and simple that only someone seriously 'mind controlled' could not make sense of it...broke my heart that I had been involved in such a group for so long and didn't see it! But the tears really were because of that 'aha' moment that book gave me.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Big fan of anger here. How bout a Bonnie & Clyde style crime spree?

;)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Sadness = healing

Fear = wisdom

Resistance = protection

Anger = strength

Shame = humility

Interesting and beautiful take on it, Spaznik. It really is a gift... and part of the process.

In my own case, I was in denial for so long, I just hoped the anger phase wouldn't last once it started! Thankfully... no... it didn't. It moved right along.

Congratulations to you.

Love,
    Baba.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

THE GLADIATOR -> I love the way you put that about uncomfortable but alive. So true. Not sure I never felt anger, just kept trying to skip over it like it was bad or something and ignoring it or turning it inward on myself all too often. Very positive what you said about recovery. For me it's happening on a number of fronts. Hallelujah. Or something. :o)

nugget -> Totally true that it's active and very motivating. Nice to know I'm not the only one and I like how you called it an important emotion.

sacolton -> True. As life would have it, that's exactly what I was doing. In a bit of a healing crisis, of sorts, and things seem to be bubbling up the past while. It's a lot of work when that happens. I'm trying to roll with it.

JimmyPage -> I love the way you put that and I'm totally partial to zen stuff. I ought to read more of it when I have a chance. Anger seems to be the next natural step for me. I'm looking forward to what's next but there seem to be no shortcuts. Waaaa. lol

dgp -> All very good points. Yes, I'm trying not to "act out" with it as it were and recognize it is as you suggested, a long-term process. Hopefully that will help get me through.

babygirl30 -> Awesome expressions. Thanks for that, eh.

Twitch -> Tempting. How'dja know? ;)

BabaYaga -> I'd love to take the credit, but someone else shared it with me and I'm just passing it on 'cause I found it interesting and beautiful too! Glad you can appreciate. :) I think I've got some anger about a number of things lately and I'm still a little scared of the intensity of it all so it could take a while, to really get rolling with it, but once I do I hope it'll move right along. Thanks for your very encouraging and real sharing.

Thank you all. I enjoyed hearing your snippets and tidbits and wisdom. Much appreciated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit