anyone here know anything about 'Shamans"?

by orbison11 7 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

i have a family member, i think he is dissilusional (sp) and wants to get into this

even to the point of moving to the Amazon

thanks

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I read a book by Carlos Castaneda. Shamans smoke Peyote to enhance, aid their illusions

or as you would call them delusions.

Or to put it another way they use the drug to have an out of body experience and

take on the form of their symbol creature.

Ultimately they aspire to take on the form of an eagle or a condor or other creature and

then they do their shaman activities.

The shaman can then use the bird or cougar, creature he takes on to do his bidding.

Sometimes revenge sometimes shaping the future.

• dissed
    dissed

He wouldn't have to move to the Amazon to learn the practice. There are many practicing among the Native American tribes of North America.

Some of the teachings are part of the curriculim of a community college near Chinle, Arizona. Tsaile? I think its called.

• Clint Bussey
    Clint Bussey

Wasn't Jesus a shaman? Fasted for forty days in the desert, talked to God and Satan, ect., ect. I think Shamanism is indeed a gateway to the spiritual mind. I highly recommend the book, "DNA and the Cosmic Serpent", it will help you to understand Shamanism from a western scientific viewpoint.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Orbison11..

Nice to see you back..

Let him move to the Amazon..

If he gets mixed up with the wrong tribe they`ll eat him..

Problem solved..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

MKMMPH! MMMMMPH!!!

778-222-1165

Mmmphy!! Mmmph!!

• John Doe
    John Doe

They use totems and leather armor. Good dps but not capable of tanking.

• frankiespeakin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit